Solved Zero G Arena, can't find pointers

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Hi, I'm looking into writing a cheat for Zero G Arena I can change the required values in cheat engine and everything works fine

I'm having problems turning this into a working program, if anyone want's to look into it you can get the game for free on steam

my problem is when I try find the pointer I come across a lot of values and they all point to the same high value number, is there anyone who can help guide me through this?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Hi, I'm looking into writing a cheat for Zero G Arena I can change the required values in cheat engine and everything works fine

I'm having problems turning this into a working program, if anyone want's to look into it you can get the game for free on steam

my problem is when I try find the pointer I come across a lot of values and they all point to the same high value number, is there anyone who can help guide me through this?
You need to find the correct pointer. Which means it always works perfectly as intended. You're using the pointer scanner which bruteforces the pointers, instead of using the logical Find What Accesses This Address method that will force you to trace back through the logical steps the code goes through to access the dynamic address. Just practice and learn more:

Do these tutorials:

It's hard to learn, so give yourself plenty of time and be patient

Last edited:

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Rake;44308 said:
You need to find the correct pointer. Which means it always works perfectly as intended. You're using the pointer scanner which bruteforces the pointers, instead of using the logical Find What Accesses This Address method that will force you to trace back through the logical steps the code goes through to access the dynamic address. Just practice and learn more:
https://guidedhacking.com/forumdisplay.php?426-Video-Tutorials

I did the what access this address method and it said the pointer for this address is probably x but when I search for x there are multiple results and none are the right ones

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Rake;44308 said:
https://guidedhacking.com/forumdisplay.php?426-Video-Tutorials

That's the method I used, is there a way to narrow down the results somehow?

https://i.imgur.com/MX8SKGU.png

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Ok so I figured it out, ignore the other two posts, my base address is "Sta.exe"+04c1f9b8 with the offsets 30 20 400 78 3bc, how do I edit this value programmatically?

Ayyyther

Dank Tier Donator
Feb 14, 2016
Hey op! I was learning this same thing last night.

Mambda let me know my initial thought was right, which was writing to the base address and just adding the offset onto it. i.e 0xD34DB33F + 0x2C. Mambda mentioned you need to dereference as well. Here's what worked for me:

C++:
WriteProcessMemory(hProcess, (LPVOID)(0xFBDB70 + 0x1C), &newY, ySize, NULL);

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Thanks guys!

Pretty much sussed getting the values, what's next? DLL injection?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks guys!

Pretty much sussed getting the values, what's next? DLL injection?
I would practice what you learn and make sure you understand every single line of your code before learning the next step. Make a trainer for practice maybe

Ayyyther

Dank Tier Donator
Feb 14, 2016
Thanks, it gets the correct PID but the address is still wrong

is FireBaseAddress = serverdllBaseAddress + FireBaseAddress; a valid way to add the addresses together?
https://pastebin.com/JuALvaHT
No.
Edit: didn't see line 54.

Edit edit: You can't just add shit together. You need to RPM the base, add whatever offset to whatever gets returned, and go from there.

Ayyyther

Dank Tier Donator
Feb 14, 2016
RPM?

Return Pointer Memory?

Any code examples on this?
ReadProcessMemory. You read it, return it to a dword, add your offset, then that's your address(if we're talking about a single level pointer). If not, just apply the logic to additional levels.

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
ReadProcessMemory. You read it, return it to a dword, add your offset, then that's your address(if we're talking about a single level pointer). If not, just apply the logic to additional levels.
cheers bro :)

n00b1

Aug 15, 2016
Ok so after realising I was running before I could walk, I've backtracked a bit and wrote something to get the base address of a 64-bit program, though it always returns 0?
getting the process ID is no problem, it's that damn base address.

https://pastebin.com/gqPcGbdk

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods