Windows 8..

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
I'm not sure how many of you have it yet.. But for those of you that do (if there are any).. How do you like Windows 8?

Personally, I really don't like it.. The fact that they got rid of the Start button and make you open up a whole new screen just to get to your search bar really pisses me off.
It seems like they focused more on how it's going to be used for mobile devices than the did for desktop.. I can see how many of the things they've done would be good on a tablet and their Windows phones, but are just awful for us on computers.. Think I'm going to be uninstalling and going back to Windows 7..

Curious to hear your guy's thoughts. :)

Crazywink

konsowa

Coder
Nobleman
May 24, 2012
I made a thread like this back when the site first started and we agreed it works best for a tablet and that its not pc material..

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
Oh sorry, we can delete this thread, didn't see it. :p My bad. :p

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
I'll keep it open so others can have a shout too, so we don't need to revive the other old thread :)

konsowa

Coder
Nobleman
May 24, 2012
Yea its koo ;)
The thing is it doesnt look like ill be upgrading to windows 8 unless they put something rly gd on it.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Neither will I upgrade. I'm very happy with windows 7 and don't need to make any changes or cause myself os change related headache :D If it's all brilliant, why to change against something... probably worse ;)

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
I'm kind of OCD when it comes to changing my OS. :p So whenever I hear a new OS is being released I get pretty excited, but this one was a waste of time. :/

Back to my good ol' Windows 7 and Ubuntu set up. :)

undefinedArray

Aug 13, 2012
I'm wondering if it'll have better SSD capabilities then win 7, but then again, i agree with you guys and the look of the new desktop.

m0v

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Jun 11, 2012
So you guys don't prefer to install this system like I read well or?

Tragic

Nobleman
May 25, 2012
Only thing i think i would ever consider upgrading for is DirectX 11.1 but that .1 doesn't sound to appealing to be wasting my time on swapping OS.

Dark_Lamp

Oct 20, 2012
I think Windows 7 is just fine. For Windows 8 I would say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

xploiitz

Coder
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Nobleman
Jul 26, 2012
So Iinstalled and used windows 8 professional for about 3 weeks (dream spark premium access from school) and well.... Im back on windows 7 lol.

Personally I think its all tablet material, but I absolutely love the fact that they are making the mobile platform the same exact OS as the Desktop platform.... this means if youre developing on your desktop, and next thing you know something comes up and you have to leave, well if your tablet is docked you can just pick it up and work on it later ON YOUR TABLET!!! right where you left off.... now I'd say thats a step up from android tablets and ipads!. They are not cross compatible with their desktop counter parts! (not directly like windows 8)

I personally liked that they did away with the start button, but I dont like the start menu, if it was my choice, Id leave the same start menu win 7 has but make the button pop out of the corner like win 8 does.

I really liked the login ability of using a 4 digit pin number... but you can just set a 4 digit password for your user account anyway so no big deal lol.
Then there was picture login, also cool, but its annoying to do with a mouse!

my final verdict is that this is for the mobile platform, far more than the desktop platform. I wont be buying win 8 anytime soon.

But you will see me with a 64 bit tablet once the 64bit ones come out in january ;P!

thegood

Oct 22, 2012
I never saw Windows 8 in action, but I heared, that there is a new Windows-app-store. In my oppinion appstores generally are unneccessary and not fit in the concept of Windows.
I discussed this with a friend, but I want to have an oppinion of some real experts ;D, so what do you think about it?

thegood

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
On one side it's good to have all the programs in one place. But then again the idea of app-store doesn't quite fit with the image of windows.

But I was also wondering whether it would be good for the smaller punks, I mean people who can't afford proper marketing, to have their apps more featured and accessible.

So the app-store thing goes either way in my opinion

thegood

Oct 22, 2012
On one side it's good to have all the programs in one place. But then again the idea of app-store doesn't quite fit with the image of windows.

But I was also wondering whether it would be good for the smaller punks, I mean people who can't afford proper marketing, to have their apps more featured and accessible.

So the app-store thing goes either way in my opinion
thank you, I also think so.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods