Solved Why doesn't CSGO Overwatch detect ESPs & menus?

• CSGO recently moved logic from 'client_panorama.dll' to 'client.dll', you must update all code that uses 'client_panorama.dll' and replace it with 'client.dll' or the code will not work.
Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats PUBG Accounts

melidere

Feb 13, 2021
How long you been coding/hacking?
Kernel driver coding for 10+ years, hacking 1 year
Coding Language
C, ASM
As the title suggests, I've been wondering about this. I did some search on the forums and did not really find an answer.

To elaborate. Some of the hacks use the game engine's own methods to draw stuff, for example the GlowObject for outline around enemy players (IIUC). I'd expect those to be captured in an overwatch video, since I assume it would do a capture right before it tried to present? However this doesn't seem to be the case, can anyone enlighten me?

I was looking up Windows.Graphics.Capture for example, which is the Windows 10 API for doing captures and even that I feel like would have captured hacks that are drawn within the game's process (it basically does the present call twice, the 2nd one into a capture buffer).

Thanks!

melidere

Feb 13, 2021
Overwatch is re-created from server side info, not client side info, it's like a server side demo

It won't catch anything done to the client that is not also replicated to the server
Oh very interesting and thanks for the super quick response, lol definitely a simpler answer than I thought..

Is this done mostly to save the amount of data that need to be stored (and also maybe load times)? I wonder if it would have been better if they did local capture + some analysis to distill down to some key frames, along with the server side reconstruction.

Kekz

Maybe Pasting
Meme Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Jan 10, 2020
Oh very interesting and thanks for the super quick response, lol definitely a simpler answer than I thought..

Is this done mostly to save the amount of data that need to be stored (and also maybe load times)? I wonder if it would have been better if they did local capture + some analysis to distill down to some key frames, along with the server side reconstruction.
You could write an entire thesis on what Valve could do right now to catch more cheaters. Truth is that as long as it doesn't hurt their business, they don't care. And CSGO's player numbers have been increasing steadily over the past years. Also as long as their Pro scene isn't affected there is even less reason for them to care.
Valve won't go against cheaters until it's their last option. I think they don't want to enter into the cat and mouse game between anti-cheat and cheat devs, since it costs money and time.

knedit

Impostor syndrome man
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Nov 9, 2020
For a slightly more indepth description;

overwatch (and csgo game playbacks in general) use "demos", not screen recording. Demos are a bit of a hark back to the world of doom and other old games like that. instead of recording what the player / cheater is directly seeing on their screen, the demo instead records all the button inputs, all the mouse movements, view angles, shots fired, etc etc that the players perform. When you play the overwatch demo back, you dont watch a video but rather reconstruct, in real time, all the actions that the players took within that game. Its effectively a bot match where the bots have pre-recorded moves.

Reactions: CaZz
Community Mods