Solved What games do you recommend when learning?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Adelphius

Feb 21, 2017
Hey everyone!

I am currently in my second year of college and a course I am taking (Computer Organization) has sparked an interest in game hacking. I have been following many of the video tutorials and think I am starting to get a somewhat decent grasp on some of the concepts behind reverse engineering games.

So, I am just curious, what games do you recommend messing around in when learning? Preferably smaller/older games. Games you would recommend for a beginner. I know assault cube is pretty good, but I feel a lot of the mystery has been taken away from it by watching the tutorials. I want to make sure I'm actually understanding the concepts I'm learning and not just rehearsing what I see in the tutorials over and over.

Side note: I tried working with unreal tournament 99 for a while, but had a hell of a time finding the static addresses I needed. Has anyone worked with UT99 before? did you run into similar issues?

Thanks in advance!

Mystic

Jan 21, 2017
Assault Cube, Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Pretty much any of the older call of duties, there is also a list of games posted on the home screen of the website I believe. I know this isn't a game, but the Cheat Engine tutorial is pretty nice as well. Counter Strike Source is also a pretty good game. Sadly some of these games you have to pay for. You can try hacking any game that is free on steam. Need For Speed's tend to be really fun to hack. Also try some reversing challenges. Google OverTheWire and then see what levels you want to try. Overthewire is not really for games, just reversing in general. You SSH into a server that has the "game" in it and you have to hack a program and make it give you a password to the next level. Good Luck!

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Side note: I tried working with unreal tournament 99 for a while, but had a hell of a time finding the static addresses I needed. Has anyone worked with UT99 before? did you run into similar issues?

Thanks in advance!
Pointers will be in core.dll and you dynamically calculate the base address of that module at runtime, then add your relative offsets from there.

Here's my unreal tournament 1999 hack, first have I ever made:

https://bitbucket.org/GH-Rake/unreal-tournament-1999-trainer/overview

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods