What are you going to college for?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • ► You must register to download attachments!
Swift Games Accounts
Feb 22, 2013
The Internet
I am fixing to got to my state university in June and am going to major in CIS(Computer Information Systems) and maybe double major and go for Criminal Justice as well. I chose CIS because I feel it's more practical, not saying CS isn't, but CS seems to be more based around theoretical concepts and low level programming whereas CIS is meant more for higher level programming and practical uses. Though I could see where CS would also be a good area to major in seeing as you would be learning low level programming so it would be easy for you to adapt and learn a new language, however I just feel CIS is where I need to be.

So what are you going to college for or have already completed, in which case what did you choose?
May 20, 2012
Same as you I am going to Uni doing a CIS degree, I am not on my final year with 2 months to finish. Although I agree with CS being less practical sometimes it also brings great advantages depending on what type of career you want.
I have a couple of jobs lined up and will start to save up to do a MSc in 3-4 years, Hoping to pursue Software Engineering.

Feb 22, 2013
The Internet
Thanks for replying and glad to see that another member of the forum, and the Admin I might add, is also taking what I am fixing to take. I also congratulate you and wish you the best of luck on your pursuit to become a software engineer!

As for me I am not exactly sure what job I would like to ultimately do, if I do double major with Criminal Justice it just opens more doorways as to what I could possibly end up doing; so I guess I will just have to decide at a later date.

If anyone wants to throw out jobs that might be interesting,please do so; I am not sure if I would want to follow the path of a software engineer, but who could say; I may change my mind later on.

Kim Kong Trasher
Legacy Donator
Dank Tier VIP
Jul 19, 2012
Mankei Iland
Flight academy, commercial pilot license. Hopefully I get in, and pass every psychological test before they realize I'm a nutter :trollface: