Solved What am I doing wrong with this base address???

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Tarolion

Nobleman
Mar 12, 2015
Hi guys,

So, I'm following the tutorials, in fleeps threads. I'm doing a C# trainer for FTL: Advanced Edition.

Now my hacks work, but my base address for the game itself is off, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Currently I'm setting my base Address using this:

C#:
private void CheckGameAvailable(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // TODO: Look for game process
            gameProcess = Process.GetProcessesByName(processName).FirstOrDefault();

if (gameProcess != null)
            {
                isGameAvailable = true;
                baseAddress = gameProcess.MainModule.BaseAddress.ToInt32();
                Console.WriteLine("Base Address: " + gameProcess.MainModule.BaseAddress);
            }
            else
            {
                isGameAvailable = false;
            }
        }
This gives me the base address as: 400000
every single time, but it never gets me to the address I need.

Now in cheat engine I have this:

Which means my game base address should be: 87A3440 - 397A90 = 840B9B0
but every time I close and restart the game, this changes, so obviously I'm not doing this right?

If I modify my code and manually set my base address as: 840B9B0
The Trainer works perfectly fine, without any problems.

How do I find the game's base address...?

Last edited by a moderator:

keto

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
May 25, 2013
Please use some free image hosting service to provide your pictures, we do not approve image attachments. I've uploaded and included your picture this time. :)

Regarding your problem I am summoning a wizard named Krampus to provide you support with his incredible CE knowledge.

Last edited:

Tarolion

Nobleman
Mar 12, 2015
Please use some free image hosting service to provide your pictures, we do not approve image attachments. I've uploaded and included your picture this time. :)

Regarding your problem I am summoning a wizard named Krampus to provide you support with his incredible CE knowledge.
Thank you so much, Apologies about the image, I'll upload to Postimg.org next time! :)

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
If you're injecting a DLL, GetModuleHandle or something like that is what you need. If not, I'm not too sure. AnomanderRake has more experience with externals than me.

Tarolion

Nobleman
Mar 12, 2015
Thanks for the reply,

I am making this as an external cheat (Apologies I should have mentioned this in my OP).

I have also tried using the EntryPointAddress as well as the BaseAddress, and neither have worked... :(

I just also tried MainModule.MainWindowHandle, but that is also not giving me the correct address :(.

Last edited:

Tarolion

Nobleman
Mar 12, 2015
NO

1. Get base address
2. add 0x397A90
3. read from the resulting address (0x797A90)

This has nothing to do with external or internal but that calculation is simply wrong
Thanks I knew something was wrong. I will try this now and report back with my results.

EDIT:

Ok so I tried this out, and its Working!... Thank you so much till0sch97 !

I only have one more question, I am setting the value to 10,000 and it appears this way ingame, but when reading the address with CheatEngine to confirm its set to the correct value I see this:

Why is Cheat Engine seeing the value so differently, when it is set to 10,000 and shows 10,000 ingame?

Last edited:

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks I knew something was wrong. I will try this now and report back with my results.

EDIT:

Ok so I tried this out, and its Working!... Thank you so much till0sch97 !

I only have one more question, I am setting the value to 10,000 and it appears this way ingame, but when reading the address with CheatEngine to confirm its set to the correct value I see this:

Why is Cheat Engine seeing the value so differently, when it is set to 10,000 and shows 10,000 ingame?
Datatype 4 bytes instead of float

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods