Discuss Visual Studio Addons CodeMaid, Clean Project & Zip

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
How long you been coding/hacking?
N/A
Just messing around today, installed Visual Studio 2017 and was looking at extensions.

CodeMaid
Found one really awesome one that cleans, formats, beautifies your code and more called CodeMaid I suggest everyone downloads it and uses it.

CodeMaid Download

Just click "Cleanup All Code" to fix up your entire solution. You can even set it to automatically run everytime you save the solution.

CleanProject

Then I found a cool extension that also has a file explorer context menu right click thingy that is very useful for sharing projects or uploading to forums such as this one. It reduces the filesize by removing stuff the downloader doesn't need and it even zips it up automatically for you. It does it without deleting anything from your original project folder, so you don't risk losing anything.

CleanProject on CodePlex
CleanProject on MSDN

You can configure it however you want and I made a modification to it using a .reg file that makes it remove more crap files.
I'm uploading the installer here because I fear the codeplex link will die soon, and I'm including a .reg that mods it out like I have mine.

If you're uploading anything to the forum you should be using this! It's 2 clicks and your .zip is ready.
Instructions:Run installer, Merge .reg file
Ron Jacobs is da man for making this

Try SolZipper instead of CleanProject, it's a GH tool

Virus Scan

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon-Benyo

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2013
Great extension, pretty helpful tools would save tons of time.
Thanks for sharing them.

BTW Using the original context settings for CleanProject did horrible job cleaning a console application in c++ but using your settings did almost a good job except living the .exe files, however if someone needed a full clean including the exe just add /RF:*.exe to the reg file, thank you again Rake.

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods