Solved Value Locking/Manipulation

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

somethingsomethingdarksid

Apr 25, 2013
Hi,

I'll start the post with the same disclaimer as I do most of mine - sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I've been unable to find a solution to my issue (but do have some nagging feeling that I've posted/asked about this before). I hope you can all find it in your heart to forgive the newbie question.

Regarding cheatengine, there is functionality that allows you to click the 'tick box' next to a value and lock it. This prevents the value changing. I have watched this happen in FLEEP's tutorials and he does everything from lock the ammo to reducing the 'reload' time.

I have tried this in a game and the values seem to simply change as they would normally, regardless of their locked status. The number of ammo, for example, starts at 30 and then slowly decreases. Locking it really has no effect on this change in value.
I'm not entirely sure how cheatengine actually maintains the lock on the value, perhaps by overwriting.. having a mutex or something similar but it doesn't seem to be working.

If anyone could provide insight into this, it would be fantastic and very much appreciated.

SSDS

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
You have the wrong address or it get overwritten by the game.

Note that there are 4 possible situations that lead you to not being able to change or find a variable:
  • variable is over written by server
  • variable is for the GUI
  • variable is overwritten by some routine
  • variable is encrypted somewhere else

Each situation, you need to reverse engineer it and figure it out, one ASM instruction at a time, one function at a time until you make sense of it.

It's not always as simple as writing to an address.

Learn more
https://guidedhacking.com/threads/start-here-beginners-guide-to-learning-game-hacking.5911/

Last edited:

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
I too would like to know what's going on here, happens in sniper elite even when I lock every value ;(

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Hi,

I'll start the post with the same disclaimer as I do most of mine - sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. I've been unable to find a solution to my issue (but do have some nagging feeling that I've posted/asked about this before). I hope you can all find it in your heart to forgive the newbie question.

Regarding cheatengine, there is functionality that allows you to click the 'tick box' next to a value and lock it. This prevents the value changing. I have watched this happen in FLEEP's tutorials and he does everything from lock the ammo to reducing the 'reload' time.

I have tried this in a game and the values seem to simply change as they would normally, regardless of their locked status. The number of ammo, for example, starts at 30 and then slowly decreases. Locking it really has no effect on this change in value.
I'm not entirely sure how cheatengine actually maintains the lock on the value, perhaps by overwriting.. having a mutex or something similar but it doesn't seem to be working.

If anyone could provide insight into this, it would be fantastic and very much appreciated.

SSDS
So it's changing if you freeze on CE? How about decreasing 'Freeze Interval' (Edit->Settings->Freeze Interval = 1 MS)

somethingsomethingdarksid

Apr 25, 2013
I set the refresh rate for the locking and update stuff to 5ms and 1ms respectively. This didn't seem to help.
In cheat engine, the value was flickering (because it was being updated etc...) but in game the number of ammo was not affected. IT just decreased with each shot.

There is no other value governing this ammo (when i turn lock off, the number goes back to the one in-game).

I'm not quite sure why it keeps getting overwritten and not sticking to the value... Cheatengine really is new to me.. some Ce-fu would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SSDS

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I set the refresh rate for the locking and update stuff to 5ms and 1ms respectively. This didn't seem to help.
In cheat engine, the value was flickering (because it was being updated etc...) but in game the number of ammo was not affected. IT just decreased with each shot.

There is no other value governing this ammo (when i turn lock off, the number goes back to the one in-game).

I'm not quite sure why it keeps getting overwritten and not sticking to the value... Cheatengine really is new to me.. some Ce-fu would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SSDS
Maybe it detects that you're writing to that value and assigns a new address. Maybe it hooks WPM. Try to find a pointer.

Or it's just server sided.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods