Discuss Using bot AI on local player?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Theoretical idea I've been thinking about for a long time. Games with bots have bot AI. What about turning bot AI on for your local player?

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
I'd be pretty interested in this. Afaik the main maps have waypoints set up, you could try and sort the MapEnt list to only grab waypoints, then constantly move your player to the nearest one. Once you're there, use A* or any other pathfinding algorithm combined with traceray to move towards the other way points, ending in the flag.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Been done before a lot actually. Especially a lot on source engine games (cs, hl (walkbots)).

People have done them not just waypoint based but also using more complex pathfinding, self-evolving methods

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
What I'm trying to say tho is, all the AI code is already written! Obviously it'd be very complex to create but basically the idea is that in each loop of the game logic there is a section of code that acts on the bots and you would make that code also act on your player object. But ofcourse the player class and the bot class are different classes, so you'd need to create like a proxy object that acts as a bot and relay's the changes to your player object. And then ofcourse the bot code runs on the server online, not on the client so you'd have to figure that out also.

obviously won't be as easy as RunBotCode(localPlayer); but that's a nice idea :p

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
Rake;38046 said:
What I'm trying to say tho is, all the AI code is already written! Obviously it'd be very complex to create but basically the idea is that in each loop of the game logic there is a section of code that acts on the bots and you would make that code also act on your player object. But ofcourse the player class and the bot class are different classes, so you'd need to create like a proxy object that acts as a bot and relay's the changes to your player object. And then ofcourse the bot code runs on the server online, not on the client so you'd have to figure that out also.

obviously won't be as easy as RunBotCode(localPlayer); but that's a nice idea :p
Yeah the server will be the biggest problem i think.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Rake;38046 said:

There are online modes with bots? Afaik bots are client sided and single player :p

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods