Solved Trove chat logger

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Jonaas

Oct 29, 2015
Hello everyone. :D

I'm a novice when it comes to cheat engine and programming. I would like to create a chat logger for the game Trove. I would like to pick up everything that is posted in the chat, and save it in a txt file somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure how i should go about doing it. I tried typing something into the chat, and searching for that string using cheat engine, but I'm not really sure what to do afterwards. I tried using the dissect code structure and adding the address and seeing if i could find the other messages in the chat box but that didn't work either.

Two days ago, this seemed like it would be a good and easy beginner task, but I'm not so sure anymore lol. Hopefully you guys can give me a few pointers on how I should proceed. *:D
Thanks in advance. *:D

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Hello everyone. :D

I'm a novice when it comes to cheat engine and programming. I would like to create a chat logger for the game Trove. I would like to pick up everything that is posted in the chat, and save it in a txt file somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure how i should go about doing it. I tried typing something into the chat, and searching for that string using cheat engine, but I'm not really sure what to do afterwards. I tried using the dissect code structure and adding the address and seeing if i could find the other messages in the chat box but that didn't work either.

Two days ago, this seemed like it would be a good and easy beginner task, but I'm not so sure anymore lol. Hopefully you guys can give me a few pointers on how I should proceed. *:D
Thanks in advance. *:D
If they handled the chatbox like I normally do, then if you find your text string it's likely in an array of strings. See if it is by going into the memory browser and looking at the space around it. If it's not, then try a pointer scan and see if it's surrounded by tons of other pointers that lead to strings.

Jonaas

Oct 29, 2015
If they handled the chatbox like I normally do, then if you find your text string it's likely in an array of strings. See if it is by going into the memory browser and looking at the space around it. If it's not, then try a pointer scan and see if it's surrounded by tons of other pointers that lead to strings.
Oh wow thanks *:D
I did as you said and memory browsed one of the addresses that contained a chat string and managed to find the other chat messages. I posted some new chat messages in the chat, and the new messages appeared in the memory browser, underneath the first string. *:D How should i continue now, that we've found out it's stored in a string array?

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods