Solved Tracking down functions

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Delshire

Oct 14, 2014
Hello, i've been playing GunZ and was wondering how's (IN GENERAL) the common method to find functions. I think i managed to get static xyz add. so i just 'checked what accessed that address' and by going back and forth between calls (I tested it quick, nothing deeper, i need to look it better tomorrow) i found a call but i think it is the call to the SFX (This is where i think if i keep going back i should find the move function). But for example, attack (or shoot) i have no idea how to do this, i found a dynamic address to the current weapon ammo but idk if that could help.

Any suggestion is welcome,

Thanks!

Delsh

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
If i wanted to find a shoot function then id just breakpoint my ammo being written then walk the call stack backwards as far as i can, breakpoint each function and see which one is hit before/after/during shooting

Delshire

Oct 14, 2014
If i wanted to find a shoot function then id just breakpoint my ammo being written then walk the call stack backwards as far as i can, breakpoint each function and see which one is hit before/after/during shooting
Will have a look now, thanks for the answer.

Delshire

Oct 14, 2014
To bump this thread:

So I am 99% sure that i found the dynamic (1st slot) weapon address, so i checked 'what writes...', made a shot, and the first instruction showed:

then I reloaded the weapon and the second one appeared.

This is how the first instruction looks at dissassembly:

Tho this is something i just find in the way, i still want to find the shooting function, should i keep going up and putting bp's until it does not hit them anymore ?

Thanks!

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
If i were to walk a callstack i'd prefer to use Ollydbg, it looks much cleaner and easier to traverse than cheat engine, but you could do it there too if you prefer, though it frequently gets lost

I cant describe it in CE though, but you can probably find a video/image

Delshire

Oct 14, 2014
If i were to walk a callstack i'd prefer to use Ollydbg, it looks much cleaner and easier to traverse than cheat engine, but you could do it there too if you prefer, though it frequently gets lost

I cant describe it in CE though, but you can probably find a video/image
Playing w/ CE found an address that if i set it to 1 it shoots and if i set it to 0 it does not, but it's a dynamic address. Should i follow this address to see which could be the shoot function?

EDIT: Well, now that i think more deeply if i found the static address of that dynamic address it would be done, if i wanted to shoot i just need to write 1 to that value.

EDIT2: Just pointer scanned that function and done.

Last edited:

_kappa

Jun 24, 2016
Surprised no one has discussed packets, this is the best way to find anything you want about an online game, in my opinion.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods