The Universe Project

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
I am flummox, this is simply incredible. If this is actually possible it'd take a huge
growing industry (the gaming industry) and stomp on it then tear it to pieces
with one game that would completely conquer/monopolize it. :eek:

I hope I'm alive in 100 years when this comes out...

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
sounds kinda neat.. but also sounds really really really hard to keep people from abusing the mechanics and maxing out the game pretty quickly..
I know, I was thinking that too. Hackers would get to other planets in a matter of minutes, this
thing would have to be bulletproof...

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
What if the world we live in right now, the moment we are living through, is part of a game? What if the world as we know it really is a game? I'll let you guys think about that :)

Anyway, I don't really buy this idea. It's just pure crap. Why do waste the life you could live yourself to live it through a computer screen? I would definetly take deathmatching to the highest level there (I choose my own playing style) :D

Last edited:

johndoeno001

Nov 26, 2012
What if the world we live in right now, the moment we are living through, is part of a game? What if the world as we know it really is a game? I'll let you guys think about that :)

Anyway, I don't really buy this idea. It's just pure crap. Why do waste the life you could live yourself to live it through a computer screen? I would definetly take deathmatching to the highest level there (I choose my own playing style) :D
Well according to their FAQ they plan to have it out within 5 years at most XD So when they eventually bring out a proof-of-concept I guess it will become more apparent as to what they are actually going to do. Inb4 they release it on the Unity engine.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Well according to their FAQ they plan to have it out within 5 years at most XD So when they eventually bring out a proof-of-concept I guess it will become more apparent as to what they are actually going to do. Inb4 they release it on the Unity engine.
I'm absolutley sure there is no way you can make a society/environment as close to real life as said in the trailer to work in an online game. The whole system would be driven in a totally different direction rather than advancing in technology within years and expanding to other planets. Trailer is probably exaggerated and I am pretty sure the end result pans out completely different (not that I'd want that, I sincerely hope they will finish their game as it's introduced, but to me it sounds like utter crap and I'm a realist).

Just my two cents about the game..

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
Wow this definitely looks good. Can't wait to see more of this!!

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012

Part a) Mind blown...
Part b) True :/
Looking forward for this game, let's hope the security is good.
I don't think this will be coming out in our lifetime... Just as well though. Building on c5 though, it'd turn people and to hermits
and nothing would get done...

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
Why not? Technology is advancing our minute...
Because I think this'd take quite a few servers, coders, and knowledge that would allow computers to code themselves so
we can do anything that we want to by just telling the computer.

uNdead

Jan 6, 2013
I'm kinda waiting for someone to make a video game where instead of levels and such, its based on percentages.. like if your in the top 1% of attack, you do the most damage (Duh?) but like, even as you gain more exp and such, your max damage wont change. But it will drop if you stop playing for too long and people pass you o_O
Reminds me a bit at EvE Online (Complex Space MMO) , which is in my eyes the best MMO out there with nearly unlimited possibilities. ^^

You don't have levels and if you want to do something (Like flying a big Ship) you need to Skill it, which takes time (Can take from 8 Minutes to 20 Days or more and the learning process is running passive, so it continues even if you are logged off) and even if you would Skill everything to Max (which should take more than 20 IRL Years) the main think that counts is your own Skill... Thats why I play it since 3 Years and it never gets boring, because there is so much left that I could do :D

johndoeno001

Nov 26, 2012
For those who are wondering consider the new Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod. The mod was tacked on, never considered by the developers, and they can have over +1000 players on 1 basic dedicated server. They don't have alot of funding so it isn't a supernode, or even a high-tech dedicated server, it just has basic specs. Technology is advancing at a rate currently that we could see the development of such a game, just they have to have a team willing to pursue it. Which is the biggest caveat have for the game right now, we have no idea who is behind it :/

maymonaise

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Nov 4, 2012
For those who are wondering consider the new Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod. The mod was tacked on, never considered by the developers, and they can have over +1000 players on 1 basic dedicated server. They don't have alot of funding so it isn't a supernode, or even a high-tech dedicated server, it just has basic specs. Technology is advancing at a rate currently that we could see the development of such a game, just they have to have a team willing to pursue it. Which is the biggest caveat have for the game right now, we have no idea who is behind it :/
Point made. :) this is actually really interesting. I think i'll do some independent researching on it. In
the mean time, this seems like a really cool mod and since I love Just Cause 2. Also, the server
capability is incredible, is it at all laggy?

Last edited:

CherryBomber

Lagg3r
Dank Tier Donator
Jan 7, 2013
I think that if they make their own engine, I'll be interested. Until then, it's just a lot of promise.

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012
I realize people are trying to make new genres in gaming to break out of the same old "Shoot this guy" and "Go get this object" scenarios, but this is not the way to go. :p They better have DAMNED good programmers working on this in every single sector - optimization, security, everywhere since just about every element will turn to shit with even somewhat decent code. And even their "Innovative" genre, isn't very innovative at all. It essentially takes the super basic concept of the classic game "Alchemy" and mixes it with MineCraft with a few little perks thrown in here and there. None-the-less, at least people are trying to do something new instead of every other game developer now-a-days just copying and pasting their code, upping the graphics minimally and calling it "The most anticipated game of all time!" *Cough, Call of Duty*.

One last thing, if they're not even making their own engine for this game and using Unity, that right there tells you this will never be released. Sorry, but a game this massive and demanding needs it's own engine. And a damned good one at that.

Yay for rants! :D

Crazywink

zebuilin

Jan 31, 2013
I can imagine limited random terrain generation coming into this since there is no way someone is going to map out an entire planet. Other than that this doesn't seam too possible, I can still hope though...

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods