Solved Static address changes on restart - what am I not understanding?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Revan

Oct 21, 2015
I'm practicing reverse engineering with the game "Build and Shoot" as it's a relatively simple game, and I've found a good amount of information which is close to each other in memory using the "dissect data structure tool".

Anyway, when I e.g. search for my health and find one address, it's static (green), but when I relaunch the game, cheat engine doesn't get my health. So am I misunderstanding something, do I have to go through the "what accesses this xxx"?

Thanks

Yothri

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Sep 12, 2013
I'm practicing reverse engineering with the game "Build and Shoot" as it's a relatively simple game, and I've found a good amount of information which is close to each other in memory using the "dissect data structure tool".

Anyway, when I e.g. search for my health and find one address, it's static (green), but when I relaunch the game, cheat engine doesn't get my health. So am I misunderstanding something, do I have to go through the "what accesses this xxx"?

Thanks
The game probably has a dynamic base address. So you want to calculate the offset from this address by the following calculation.
Make a clear restart of the game and find your static (green) address you want to calculate the offset from.
Then in CE goto Browse Memory region - View - enumerate symbols and bla
Now search for your ace of spades exe. There should be a hex value in front (or after it)
This is the applications base address. Now you want to subtract the baseaddress from the static address you found.

Like this <yourhealthaddress> - <client.exe base address>
Use windows calculator - set to programmer and set to hex to do this.
What you get is the offset of your client.exe base.

Now if u want to access this value again with cheat engine you need to add the offset again to the baseaddress. In cheat engine press add address manually and in the text field write client.exe+<calculated offset using calculator>

This method only has effect if i am correct with the dynamic baseaddress if its something else, this method is probably useless. But its a try worth it. :) GL

How to Hack Any Game pt 2 Rake

Last edited by a moderator:

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013

Thanks
Best thing to do is using pattern scans i think.

Darth Revan

Oct 21, 2015
Just to end this thread, I found out that I had to use "some random ass address + the base address of the main module + offset" to get whatever player information. I'll make a new thread about Build And Shoot once I'm done with it.

Thanks for those who tried to help!

Feel free to close this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods