Off Topic SLI GTX 980's

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

AlphaAnonymous

*Creating A Perfect World
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Hey guys!

I just got my second Nvidia GTX 980 GPU, and now I have a 980 SLI system!

The GTX 980 is not cheap. Lol.

I definitely had to think hard about if I really wanted to SLI or not, but I thought why not?

Anyways, now that I have a SLI system, what game(s) should I get?

In other words, what games would you guys recommend?

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Bitcoin mining simulator 2k15 and its popular dlc 'Make no profit edition'

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I've seen benchmarks with gtx 970 and i7 4790k which run the newest games (GTA V ultra for example) on at least 40 fps...
So why'd you get two of them?

Get watch dogs / GTA V and play on ultra :D

Also: What processor you got?

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
I've seen benchmarks with gtx 970 and i7 4790k which run the newest games (GTA V ultra for example) on at least 40 fps...

I can play GTA V on Ultra with ~25-30 FPS with my HD5850 2GB & i3 2100 - but I'm not a fan of ~25FPS thats the reason why I play this game on high and 1 or 2 settings on mid and the game still looks awesome

@OP: Get some games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3. And what is your problem with SLI?

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012

As Dr.Phil said, I have the Intel i7 4790k.

And I did the SLI build, just because I had the extra money laying around. Plus, I always wanted to SLI, because I created my computer build with the intention of future proofing it for a few years.

Also, as I get more in depth into graphic designing and game designing, I will probably need more GPU power along with a good CPU.

So, basically I just SLI'ed because I had the extra money, and because when I play games, I do not like having ~40 FPS, it just really bugs me, and I do not know why. Lol.

So I also SLI'ed, because I like having the extra strength in GPU power, so I am able to run games at full HD whenever possible.

It is just a preference of mine to have a lot of GPU power, but that also applies to everything else (ie. CPU, RAM, SSD, etc...). I am the type of guy that prefers to have an overkill computer. Lol

Does any of that make sense?

Well anyways, would I recommend SLI'ing two 980's? Hell no! It is very expensive, and it is probably not needed for most games that are released currently.

But if you have the extra money laying around, then go for it!

Do as your heart pleases! :)

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
I can play GTA V on Ultra with ~25-30 FPS with my HD5850 2GB & i3 2100 - but I'm not a fan of ~25FPS thats the reason why I play this game on high and 1 or 2 settings on mid and the game still looks awesome

@OP: Get some games like Crysis 3, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3. And what is your problem with SLI?
I will definitely look at Crysis 3, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033, and The Witcher 3.

I am not really a fan of type of games like Watch Dogs. It kind of reminds me of GTA (based on the trailer). Lol.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Nice rig you got there man. Planning to put in an extra GTX 980 in my rig sometime in the future.

Hope you're planning to do some 4K gaming?

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Nice rig you got there man. Planning to put in an extra GTX 980 in my rig sometime in the future.

Hope you're planning to do some 4K gaming?
Of course I will be making my way into 4K gaming! I am actually looking into getting a G-Sync monitor pretty soon.

They are just really expensive right now.

I was looking at the ROG SWIFT PG278Q monitor for about $779. Lol.

I am hoping the price will drop down soon.

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
I will definitely look at Crysis 3, Far Cry 4, Metro 2033, and The Witcher 3.

I am not really a fan of type of games like Watch Dogs. It kind of reminds me of GTA (based on the trailer). Lol.
Well it's an open-world game. The Story was really nice but ubisoft can't code a good vehicle physics

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Well it's an open-world game. The Story was really nice but ubisoft can't code a good vehicle physics
I usually like games that have objectives in them. I usually do not get into games that are like GTA, because it is so open and I end up getting bored of it. Lol.

Is that weird?

I do not think so.

mPulse

Coder
Nobleman
Jun 19, 2013
Which type of graphics design you would to do? for example if you will to do like this
you need better CPU.

rendertimes: 10-40 sec / frame; quadcore i7 920 cpu
~ 5 Million particles / frame + advanced shading like self shadows, emission and motion blur

mPulse

Coder
Nobleman
Jun 19, 2013
Why would somebody want to do this?
It was example and I was asking which type of edit (s)he will make,so if (s)he want more power for "extreme" gfx then he should buy better CPU but if not then that GPU. =D

AlphaAnonymous

Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Aug 9, 2012
Which type of graphics design you would to do? for example if you will to do like this
you need better CPU.
I will most likely not produce something like that in the video; just yet(?) (I do not know yet. Lol.)

However, I am producing videos using adobe applications such as After Effects and Adobe Premiere, both of which has the option to be GPU Accelerated.

So having the two GPUs does help with the performance of the applications.

Though, my main focus with this build is so I can play 4K gaming with no hassle (as 4K gaming becomes available for the games I play) and be able to do intermediate level graphic designing without having any performance problems.

I would consider the type of graphic design in the video to be on an advance type level. Or at least it looks far to advance for my current skill set. Lol.

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods