Solved Signature scanning vs finding offset

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

PandoraBytes

Nov 2, 2015
Hello I watched fleep's video on signature scanning to get unlimited ammo for assault cube.
I also watched another fleep's video for bunny hopping which uses Olly to get the offset for m_iTeamNum etc.

So my main question is when to use Olly to get offset or when to use signature scanning? Both of them will allow us to get the correct memory address in dynamic environment? Thank you so much!

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Signature scanning is definitely the most comfortable way. You will save time and hussle. Even if your signature breaks with an update, you will be aware of it and have to spend the time you normally would finding the offset, on analyzing the binary again.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Use signature scanning unless its not possible ( or feasible ) for you to do so. I.e. not signature easily creatable without it being a mess of like 100 bytes.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
If you take a look at d3d9 vTable hooks, they you will see that they will use pattern scanning. This is because there are many d3d9.dlls out there but you want your hook to work for every of them in your game.

Finding offsets would require to do so for every of these DLLs.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods