Replace value of a pointer with value of another pointer

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

RandomOne

Jun 7, 2014
Basically title.

My application is changing my coordinates to another players' coordinates, both sets of which I found as a pointer via pointer scan. I don't believe I have a green address, so I'm using what I have.

Is there a way to do this in CE, or must I use some C++ program to do this?

NebulaGrey

Jun 8, 2014
If I'm understanding this correctly. You can change the 'max offset' on pointer scanner to be 2 or more than you already have it at, and you'll get another offset or so of accuracy attached. (on Cheat Engine)
Or, if you're trying to change to another byte that's near your pointer's offsets in c++, you can do offsetlist[last] += 4; // Changed offset by +4 Bytes

RandomOne

Jun 7, 2014
If I'm understanding this correctly. You can change the 'max offset' on pointer scanner to be 2 or more than you already have it at, and you'll get another offset or so of accuracy attached. (on Cheat Engine)
Or, if you're trying to change to another byte that's near your pointer's offsets in c++, you can do offsetlist[last] += 4; // Changed offset by +4 Bytes
A8FucvK.png

Maybe I was a bit confusing with the pointer thing I described in OP, but what I am trying to get at is, is there a way (hotkey or something on CE) to copy the values of XYZ2 to replace XYZ with? I know on the CE generic trainer you get set the value to a certain number (and with a hotkey), but if that number always changes, I would like to replace it with the value of XYZ2.

NebulaGrey

Jun 8, 2014
In Cheat Engine, you can check out Code Relocation and Code injection I think that's about as close as you're going to get as far as automation.
What you could do is write your own assembly code that tells the address before the written instruction that your pointer points to, to do a quick memory swap
An easier way would be to do this all in c++ and ReadProcessMemory from your pointers to get both values, then to WriteProcessMemory switching them or overwriting, whichever.

As for doing this in CE's generated trainer I looked at that and I believe you can accomplish this with help from the Lua script
I'm unsure whether you'll be able to use the event (keydown) as it may only apply to when the object or window has focus.

To do this task in Lua, see this guide: wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Lua

TastyHorror

Coder
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Oct 11, 2012
Kind of tired, so I just read the title....

Just do mid function hooking. There is a tutorial on here...made by fleep.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods