Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Nice, is the slowmotion a feature that the game originally has? Say something you only get from a power up?

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Nice, is the slowmotion a feature that the game originally has? Say something you only get from a power up?
Generally it's not.
The game general CAN be in slow motion mode. That happens mostly if you headshot a zombie.

Even though it's slow motion then, there's no global variable, but every entity has an own speed address which gets set.

That way one entity can possibly have another "animation speed" than another, even though that effect is not wished or through "Power-ups" granted. :)

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Generally it's not.
The game general CAN be in slow motion mode. That happens mostly if you headshot a zombie.

Even though it's slow motion then, there's no global variable, but every entity has an own speed address which gets set.

That way one entity can possibly have another "animation speed" than another, even though that effect is not wished or through "Power-ups" granted. :)
Ah so you're saying you found the entity list and found the offset for speed? What was the give away when you were looking at the memory structure? Like what made you be like oh that's the monsters speed, mixed in among all those other garbage variables. Did you look up their individual speeds in the SDK?

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Ah so you're saying you found the entity list and found the offset for speed?
Yes.
I had my own base and then searched for increased/decreased values when I went into slow-motion. Was a wild guess, but I searched for 1,0 float originally which led me up to it.

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
Yes.
I had my own base and then searched for increased/decreased values when I went into slow-motion. Was a wild guess, but I searched for 1,0 float originally which led me up to it.
Good stuff, well done.

BeesKnees

Coder
Nobleman
Jul 24, 2013
very nice! anyway you could help me find the enitity base in memory? i would greatly appreciate it

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
Nice release man. Question. Did you have to bypass any protection? I never looked into it, but i attempted Killing Floor 1 when it came out and gave me some problems so i quit. I only tried for 10 min so really that's on me, but just curious. Thanks

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Nice release man. Question. Did you have to bypass any protection? I never looked into it, but i attempted Killing Floor 1 when it came out and gave me some problems so i quit. I only tried for 10 min so really that's on me, but just curious. Thanks
no, there was none in kf2
there's just some instructions addresses which really many different values get set with like health, armor and such

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods