Solved Questions about C++

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

nb81

Oct 26, 2013
Hey!

I'm pretty new to C/C++. I'm doing C# for 1 year now, so I want to learn a new, higher-level programming language.
I dedicated a whole day to reading tutorials/books about it and now I (think I) know the basics of it.

As I saw there is no need for Dll input, as all of the functions I need is in the header files and this makes me easier to do memory things.

But I would have some questions about some things I can't understand.
What does this means? '->' And this? '^'
What are DWORDs and other "unusual"(for me) variable types? I know int, bool, short, long etc. but the capital letter types are foreign to me. What are the differences between a DWORD and an integer? Or a LPCSTR and string(or char[])?
What can I use pointers for? I saw a lot of people using it(the '*' symbol) but what can they achieve with it?

I'm out of questions for now :)

Thanks in advance!

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
1. c++ is lower-level than C#
2. pstructureX->valueY actually means that pstructureX is a pointer to a structure, if you want the structure itself u need to use *pstructureX, and if you want the value valueY within structure x you need *pstructureX.valueY which means the same as pstructureX->valueY
3. read this https://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers/ to learn pointers.

goodluck

EDIT: and for the data types look at this, you can also (in VS) right click a data type and see where the definition is it helps to understand.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa383751(v=vs.85).aspx

Last edited:

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
* dereferences the pointer, ie instead of just reading the value a variable wholds it will read the value at the address the variable holds.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods