Solved Question about Base address , pointer and offset

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

SilBul

Silenced
Jan 31, 2015
Hello GuidedHacking ,

First , Thanks for these great tutorials we find around ..
Second , I checked a great topic here to start game hacking ...

It said first to pick up a programming language and i did , i think i know c++ enough to start watching tutorials .

But there is a problem that facing me along time ago , in many tutorials ...

I learnt C++ from Thenewboston tutorials on youtube , and i checked some pdf before that ..

BUT i've never saw the word " Offset " or the word " Base Address " , although i know the pointer cuz i checked it out during learning ...

So , How can I understand Fleep tutorials or another tutorial while he is repeating " OFFSET " , " BASE ADDRESS " , bla bla bla ..

And i dun even understand what he means ..
Sorry if it was a silly question ... :S

----
2nd question is ..
I've read another topic from another place and it said to start game hacking i've to know basic assembly instructions ..
I know it .. I think he means assembly ins.. like .. MOV , CMP , ADD , SUB , etc ..
But i dun think it's enough , so if I've really to know assembly can someone provide a resource to the important Info that helps in game hacking ..
i dun want a resource to create a great machine working with assembly !! :D

----
last question is .. game like CrossFire now it's packing CShell.dll , And just close when a debugger or cheat engine opens .. that game how can we get the addresses or hack it , although i see one can do it these days ...
----
Sorry for too long words and my silly questions ... and Thanks again for your great tutorials guys .. <3
I hope i can be like you .. to make tutorials for people like you <3

Good luck ..

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Welcome SilBul to Guidedhacking.com
There are Sooo many great threads for you to read here. I recommend you read them all! Search for the terms: base address in the thread title and I'm sure you'll find alot of good stuff!

I'll try to make this simple
There are two parts of every program when it is loaded. There is an executable code section where the assembly instructions are found and passed to the processor and there is a data section that holds the values that the executable code will operate on. The process performs operations(assembly operands) on the data stored in memory. Each value for your game such as your health value are stored in memory at some point. How does your game and operating system know where that value is stored when there are billions of them? It uses a memory address like your home address. Imagine the Base Address is the Road you live on and the offset is your house number. The offset is simply a away of describing the location of a variable in relation to another variable.
Let's say there is a C++ Class called YourPlayer in memory The class YourPlayer includes your health. You find YourPlayer's address in memory and that is it's BaseAddress lets say it is 0x4. You find your health value in memory and it is stored at address 0xC.
0xC - 0x4 = 0x8.
Your base address is 0x4 and if you wanted to get to your health value you would add offset 0x8 to it.

I recommend you ignore any video game with anti-cheat, you are not knowledgable enough to even approach it and niether am I!

https://guidedhacking.com/starthere

Once you understand all that you will have enough knowledge to start on bigger projects.

Last edited:

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
1. That's a mostly hacking term. The base address is that you can add things called offsets to to lead to other addresses. In AssaultCube the Player's Base Address is 0x509B74. If I were to add the offset 0xF8 to it, I would have the player's health. It's not a silly question at all, don't worry :) (If you're still having trouble understanding, tell me and I (or someone else) will go into a better description :D

2. Look up the tutorials A Very In Depth Tutorial on Auto Assembler and An In-Depth Tutorial on Auto Assembler Extended. I understand it says Auto Assembler, but the tutorials go over a lot of assembly that is very useful to know. Not only that, but you'll learn how to use the Cheat Engine auto assembler to a whole new level!

3. I'm not too sure on that one. If someone else could please give an explanation on how that could be done, I'd be grateful :).

Welcome to Guidedhacking :)

SilBul

Silenced
Jan 31, 2015
Thank you for you great information .
Honestly , I love guidedhacking and i love both of you guys thanks alot !

I'll try to check out all threads you mentioned , AnomanderRake .
And the tutorials you mentioned , Krampus .

And i hope that i can make something great for the forum , I hope that i can be like you , and put tutorials soon ^^

Thanks alot . <3

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Thank you for you great information .
Honestly , I love guidedhacking and i love both of you guys thanks alot !

I'll try to check out all threads you mentioned , AnomanderRake .
And the tutorials you mentioned , Krampus .

And i hope that i can make something great for the forum , I hope that i can be like you , and put tutorials soon ^^

Thanks alot . <3
I'm always glad to help! And you'll get there as long as you work hard and practice! :)

Good luck :D

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods