Solved Possible to disassemble the Windows event loop?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

snorble

Jan 30, 2016
I am working with an app that has a custom Windows control. So instead of a standard Windows control like a ListBox, it's some custom developed control, and I want to see what Windows messages the custom control will accept. With a standard ListBox, you can send it messages and get info about the ListBox, like the number of items in the list, the actual list contents, and so on. I think this custom control might do the same, but I need to see what events it will accept.

I think there might be a couple of ways to approach it:

1. Disassemble the code for the custom app's Windows event loop to see which messages it processes
  2. Write a program like a fuzzer to send random message IDs using SendMessage and see if I can figure it out by trial and error

What do you guys think? Is there any standard way of figuring out which messages an app or control will accept?

bitm0de

Feb 28, 2016
I am looking for messages that will generally not be sent to the control under general usage, but which may still be there.
Windows messages are always going to be Windows messages whether they are fired based on some user action, or by the operating system from some other condition. I don't understand what you mean. Whether it's a default or custom control doesn't matter either; it still sends Windows messages in some way. There's nothing special or different about whether you use the Win32 API directly or go through some framework or third party library, the only thing *custom* about a custom control is how it's drawn for the most part, and how it works still depends on Windows messages, and what is drawn typically depends solely on those Windows messages. Either way, they all use one of the very few available methods out there to achieve something "graphical" through the Windows operating system. I think you're talking about something else or you are most likely mislead in what you believe is true about third party controls. If you've created your own Win32 control, what I'm saying should make more sense. I think you should try my suggestion first before dismissing it, because it'll definitely help with what you're trying to do as far as I can tell.

There's programmatic ways to interact with pretty much anything if you know how it works. Doesn't have to be documented for somebody to figure out how to interact with something.

Last edited:

bitm0de

Feb 28, 2016
Why would you need to disassemble it? Microsoft has a utility called "Spyxx"

snorble

Jan 30, 2016
Why would you need to disassemble it? Microsoft has a utility called "Spyxx"
In this case, I am not looking for messages that I can spy. I am looking to see if there are other messages the custom control will accept which will allow easier manipulation. In other words, I am looking for messages that will generally not be sent to the control under general usage, but which may still be there. I believe this custom control is part of a third-party library and SDK that is sold for a hefty sum, and which leads me to believe there are programmatic ways of interacting with it that are probably documented if you paid for the product.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.