Solved Possible to crack SHA-256 hash?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

defalt

Jan 4, 2017
I'd like to apologize if this is posted in the wrong section or a wrong site.

However, i'd like to know if there is possibility to crack the SHA-256 hash in a site like this: https://primedice.com/play

It's a bitcoin gambling site and they provide a low level API to access their functions on the site. Back in 2014, there was a hacker who breached the security on that site and made a program that cracked the hash, which predicted the randomly generated numbers. He knew which numbers are gonna be generated up front, so he invested large bets (up to 10 BTC) and won every time. At the end, he got away with roughly 2000 BTC. That is ~$2,100,000 today. After the site owners saw that, the security got sealed and it got much harder to do something like that again.

But is it? I tried to make a program in C#, but no luck. I just want to know if it is possible to make a program either in C# or JS, or C++ if possible, which can bypass their hash and predict the numbers?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Yes you can crack SHA-256, if it isn't salted it is trivial. Perhaps their was just a hole in the logic used during encryption/decryption that he was just able to bypass.

Please post in the correct section and please use the correct thread prefix.

Closing this thread because it is not on topic / approaching illegal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.