Solved Porting Source VB6 -> C#? Help Please

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

AxDSan

Nobleman
May 24, 2012
Heya'll

I have been on this forum for quite some time already, but I haven't been that active since this request (https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?46-*-Request-*-C-C-Mixed-Tutorial) and so on, parting from that original request, I quitted sometime ago and now I got back, actually I have been on and off, but recently I have been doing some R&D (Research and Development) so far so good with great steps and improvements with the help of key people in my projects, so in that original request you will see that I spoke about making a packet logger because originally I wanted to sniff packets structures and analize how the data was being managed client-wise <-> server-wise to start making a private server for that game, well, good news.

doing some R&D I have gotten some people in my projects to help me along the way like I said before, these people has helped me greatly in this topic, and the thing is that I have finally accomplished major progress in this project of mines, first, finally got a working packet logger for the game, and not only got 1, but 2 different systems, the first packet logger, came from a guy from youtube, he was "cataloging packets" as he calls it, but for me it always has been sniffing / logging packets :D, well anyways, he was doing his work done, and I saw a video of his, with his 'tool', this tool was the packet logger I was so desperately was looking for. I spoke with the guy and he agreed in sharing the code with me, and from that day on, I'm the happiest guy on earth.

Afterwards, I started doing some R&D and I made a thread in another forum about starting a development team for the GWO private server construction, so I got some people interested but many of them were just simple players wanting to get Game Master positions in the Private Server (if I ever finished it xD) so miraculously I got another developer and he started working with me, and so far, we... or let's say, he, managed to do the login server emulator, with some packets forged of course I helped him in handing out some information, he managed to do it and eventually he added MySQL DB support too, at this point I was so crazy with this and how it was all coming along, but you know things happens and he stopped working on the files, but at least I got a premature version of the login server working with 1 test account and so on.

Well since then I... Like I said, I'm on and off of these things, so I was off for a couple of months, now I decided to get back to it and charge forward again, the thing is that the original packet logger, the one that I want (because it has more functionalities in terms of sending packets to the server and so on) is written on VB6 :S and I'm not that good at programming, hence all these people that has helped me already, so ultimately I came here because I have some knowledge on programming languages, but not like master it, and neither much knowledge on sockets / winsock, and I get stuck trying to understand some portions of the code sometimes, so I only do easy tweakings, like, the original source for the packet logger didn't logged the packets actually in the main form, it only did in the 'Intermediate Window' which is the debugging window in VB6 (If you have programmed before in VB6 you will know), so I did a little tweak in the form, that allowed me to receive the packets in a listbox and everytime I double clicked on them I added them to the textbox1, which is the one that sends the text it holds to the server...

Well enough of explanations and let's get straight to the point, like I said before, that packet logger is written originally in VB6, so I was looking forward if someone kind enough could help me out in this situation I have and probably port the code over to C# is someone available up for the challenge? I promise the code is not that long, and all the code is embedded in the main form, no extra classes etc, etc, So the code is particularly short.

If someone is interested I have uploaded the source to the attachments section in this thread! Thanks! also no EXE has been provided so you feel comfortable with a secure download.

Note: if you need to somehow try out the code and see if it works, or if you finish porting it over, and wanna get the client for the game (https://download.igg.com/gw/20140410/gw_setup_2.51.002_usa.exe) also, in the installation folder you will find a ini file called config, just open it up, and change the server ip to 127.0.0.1 so it runs within our packet logger since it acts as a proxy server and logs all the packets like that :D

If someone manages to accomplish something on this I would be very grateful for this! and will of course mention your name in the actual projects. (I don't mention the name of the other people who has collaborated in the project because of ethic policies within forums, I don't wanna mention up names without breaking forum advertisement rules... So sorry for that.)

Attachments

Last edited:

AxDSan

Nobleman
May 24, 2012
Bump,

I guess I don't need anymore help on this particular issue, I have been doing some effort of my own and have been understanding more the code, and I have been implementing my own stuff into the proggy... but thanks anyways for whoever just looked at the thread.

AxDSan

Nobleman
May 24, 2012
Why don't you do it yourself?
...and I'm not that good at programming, hence all these people that has helped me already...)
That's why... I know it's tedious and probably I'm asking for too much and no one will ever help me until the day I help myself and finish it myself, but still wanted to see if I could get some help, worth the shot.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods