Solved Pattern Scan -> Get Value

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Clarityworld

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Feb 20, 2015
Hello GH!

I was looking for a Pattern Scan Tutorial and of course Fleep did one :)
Tutorial

C++:
char AmmoOpCode[] = "\x90\x90";

void InitiateHooks()
{

DWORD ammoAddy = FindPattern("testGame.exe", 
		"\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\xE9\x00\x00\x00\x00\x6A\x14\x68\x00\x00\x00\x00\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\xE8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x0F\xB7\xF0\x6A\x02", "x????x????xxx????x????x????xxxxx");

MsgBoxAddy(ammoAddy);

//WriteToMemory(ammoAddy, AmmoOpCode, 2);

}
But I don't want to edit the instructions, I just want to get the Value of this Adress.(ammoAddy) For Exemplare if this is my Ammo,Hp,Mana or whatever. Is this possible?
I'm not very used to Internal coding.

https://imgur.com/SUwLUay Addy

Sidenote: The Game Crash after Injecting the DLL, maybe becouse of the Deatch

Last edited:

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Oh i see what you're doing. You're trying to sig your player structure like that. Yeah that doesn't work mate, it changes. I mean, you can make it work, but I wouldnt recommend it.

P.S. It doesn't matter if it says "Unknown module", as long as it gets you the data you want. Could be allocated memory (malloc, virtualalloc), not sure if that counts as a modules memory.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Internal: long ammo = *(long*)(ammoAddy);
External: RPM

Clarityworld

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Feb 20, 2015
Internal: long ammo = *(long*)(ammoAddy);
External: RPM
tried ammo does not show the Value on msgBox. :(

As i Understand the Sig Scan only Points to instruction not to the Pointer. But I want the Value of the Pointer which I picked from the start like its done in the Tutorial

Last edited:

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Guess it would help if i read your sig. Yes, it (normally) points to the first instance of that pattern.
So the address you have is pointing to the byte 0xE8

so.

AmmoAddr + 1 = Dword that you want.

long addrYouWant = *(long*)(AmmoAddr+1);
long value = *addrYouWant; ( or do it all in one variable, whatever floats your boat. It'll probably optimized anyways )

Clarityworld

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Feb 20, 2015
Im not sure but I was looking at thr Wrong Adress. I did go to Browse Memory Region and go for the Adress of my Pointer.

I noticed a thing. Fleep's code contain a Module:

C++:
 DWORD ammoAddy = FindPattern("MyGame.exe",
The Memory Region I look at have no module ? WTF ? Maybe I look at the Wrong Region again. But its the Adress of my Pointer.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Well.. if your game isn't called "testGame.exe" or "MyGame.exe" then you're going to have a problem.

I'd recommend reading the code and/or rewatching that video.

Clarityworld

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Feb 20, 2015
Well.. if your game isn't called "testGame.exe" or "MyGame.exe" then you're going to have a problem.

I'd recommend reading the code and/or rewatching that video.
I'm not that stupid,:p I just edit the Code to Show it here more in a Example way. Ofc I did try to use my Game.... The Strange thing now is that there is no module given when i Browse this Memory region like its in the Tutorial.

Last edited:

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Well, if thats the value you got from your pattern scan then it's not working. There's no 0xE8 nearby, which is where it should drop you. Unless you dereferenced it, then that's not what you're meant to do with it :p.

FindPattern - > Add 1 -> Dereference the long there, you now have whatever address you were looking for that apparently points to ammo. -> Dereference again -> Ammo

Unless there's some other pointerchain you have, thats how it goes.

Clarityworld

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Feb 20, 2015
As I wanted to say with the Pic Above, the Module is Unkown where my Pointer Points to in the Memory Region.
Here Again when I make the Sig it says at the top bar."Unknown module or file".

Should look like this:

:FeelsBadMan:

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods