Video Tutorial Operating System Basics

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Guidedhacking is above all else, a resource for members that want to learn how to hack video games. The underlying concept behind hacking a video game is manipulation of that process's memory. I believe that alot of the frustration people have when learning to hack video games is that they lack the fundamental knowledge of how memory works and how the operating system executes a process. Even after learning some basic coding and memory manipulation techniques I had found my knowledge of the subject still lacking. I found these videos to be very helpful, easy to understand and good for beginners.

Watch this entire Operating System Playlist it's pretty great

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
If someone is looking to apply this knowledge to their hacking adventures, Windows Internals (6th edition being the latest I believe) is a book for you. :)

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
If someone is looking to apply this knowledge to their hacking adventures, Windows Internals (6th edition being the latest I believe) is a book for you. :)
Just got a copy of this. Thanks for the info. Got something new to read at work now!

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
there's a 7th
Windows Internals, Book 1: User Mode (7th Edition)

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Interesting to see all the new changes that Windows 10 came out with from a technical perspective:

Reactions: BenjaminMartin

BenjaminMartin

Fleep Tier Donator
Nobleman
Sep 11, 2017
Great thread! Thanks!

Question, I know a pretty good amount about linux OS, have been able to develop network driver, as an example. Windows is a completely different ballgame, I want to learn more about it. Are there any resources you recommend for learning how to pick it up? Is the video you linked the best? I heard its hard to learn since its proprietary and Windows never documents their crap. I'm willing to grind

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
All the documentation for Windows API functions is available at MSDN:
Debugging Functions (Windows)

A bunch of NTDLL undocumented functions and structs you might need for lower level stuff is available at:
NTAPI Undocumented Functions

And if you're really interested into what windows is doing in the background checkout the Windows Internals book by Microsoft Heavyweights Alex Ionescu, Mark Russinovich and David Solomon. Here's some info about it, but you can search the web for a PDF. Good read, but much of it is not important for basic hacking: Windows Internals Book - Windows Sysinternals

BenjaminMartin

Fleep Tier Donator
Nobleman
Sep 11, 2017
All the documentation for Windows API functions is available at MSDN:
Debugging Functions (Windows)

A bunch of NTDLL undocumented functions and structs you might need for lower level stuff is available at:
NTAPI Undocumented Functions

And if you're really interested into what windows is doing in the background checkout the Windows Internals book by Microsoft Heavyweights Alex Ionescu, Mark Russinovich and David Solomon. Here's some info about it, but you can search the web for a PDF. Good read, but much of it is not important for basic hacking: Windows Internals Book - Windows Sysinternals
Thanks. How useful is it for more advanced hacking (getting around kernel level anti cheats such as battle eye)

Broihon

edgy 12 y/o
Escobar Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 22, 2013
Thanks. How useful is it for more advanced hacking (getting around kernel level anti cheats such as battle eye)
Since the NTAPI is the connection between usermode and kernelmode I'd say: yeah, it's kinda useful. Like really useful. Like you should definitely know what the ntdll is actually doing before touching drivers.

BenjaminMartin

Fleep Tier Donator
Nobleman
Sep 11, 2017
Since the NTAPI is the connection between usermode and kernelmode I'd say: yeah, it's kinda useful. Like really useful. Like you should definitely know what the ntdll is actually doing before touching drivers.
Gotcha. I bought the book on Amazon, reading it now

Update. Just watched some of this video
first 38:55 I think is pretty worthless. Anyone watching should skip that first part

Reactions: Rake

BenjaminMartin

Fleep Tier Donator
Nobleman
Sep 11, 2017
broihon, a couple of the guys I work with recommended I skim the Arm Edition Computer Organization and Design book, (our project at work is embedded systems anyways). But they said it would make sections of the russinovich OS book make more sense, and easier to understand.

Also, the latest version of the russinovich book is worth buying, since it is updated to cover new Windows 10 "stuff"

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods