Solved OpenProcess() not working?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Souper

Jun 1, 2014
Hi there. I'm a bit new to this community but I do lurk around here and there. Just recently I have really tried to get into game hacking and learn the ways. I have quite a good understanding of C++ (I'd say intermediate) and I'm trying to develop my own hacks. I've messed around a little bit with assault cube and a few others games and now I want to make my first hack in the game "Dirty Bomb". However, in my hooking, I've run into this problem where I try to open the process.

C++:
HWND hwnd = FindWindow(0, "Dirty Bomb");
	if (hwnd == 0)
		cerr << "Dirty Bomb Window Could Not Be Found" << endl;
	else{
		clog << "Window Found" << endl;
		DWORD procid;
		GetWindowThreadProcessId(hwnd, &procid);
		HANDLE hndl = OpenProcess(PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS, FALSE, procid);
		if (!hndl)
			cerr << "Process Could Not Be Found" << endl;
		else{
			clog << "Dirty Bomb Process Found" << endl;
The problem is that OpenProcess() returns cerr. So it's telling me that it could not open the process. I'm assuming it's because of the anticheat "XIGNCODE3". If not then I have no idea what's causing it. If anyone has experienced the same thing or knows how to fix this/bypass this feature of XIGNCODE (assuming its part of it) then that'd be great!

Also, if there are any games people can recommend that I try to hack that'd be awesome too. This could be a little out of my league and I'd like to know of a game that I should try to hack. However Assault Cube wouldn't really suffice seeing as I've spent lots of time there.

Thanks in advance!

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
XignCode may block this also but use SeDebugPrivilege before calling OpenProcess
Also be 100% sure that GetWindowThreadProcessId(hwnd, &procid); gets the correct ProcID, I notice you don't have error checking such as if(procid != NULL)
Also worth trying PROCESS_VM_READ instead of PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS for curiosity's sake

Souper

Jun 1, 2014
Thank you for your suggestion :) I've definitely been wanting to hack CSS. Just don't know if Im ready yet. I don't want to just look at Fleep's tutorials and pretty much copy everything he does.

Souper

Jun 1, 2014
I don't know why I but I was reluctant to try P_VM_R for some reason lol. And I have checked extensively to see if it gets the correct procid. Thank you for that suggestion though :). I will definitely be trying the other thing you mentioned though.

Souper

Jun 1, 2014
Well neither of those worked. I also implemented a procid check just in case and there was nothing wrong there. So I'm assuming it was the anticheat. Do you think using XOR could bypass it?

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
Start visual studio as administrator or enable debug privileges

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods