• Radeon

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Crazywink

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 18, 2012

The age old question.. Is Nvidia or Radeon better?

With both just releasing their newest series within the last couple of months, the question has flared up again. Which new generation of cards will be better?Nvidia launched their 700 series quite a bit earlier than AMD announced their R9 series, which still isn't doesn't have all the cards out yet.Honestly when we're talking about high end cards like the 780 vs the 290X, either card is going to be excellent, but I understand wanting to get the biggest bang for your buck. Unless of course you are a fanboy of one of the companies, then logic goes right out the window.
I personally have owned both kinds of cards, very high end cards. I had a GTX 480 when it was the hot shit, then from there I built a new rig and put a Radeon 7970 GHz E. in it. Why did I switch? Was it because I had a bad experience with the 480? Hell no, the 480 was a beast for it's time and still holds up! But.. Price to performance ration.. the 7970 wins.At the time of me buying this 7970, that was the latest card and it's competitor was the GTX 680. The 680 costed about $550-$600, where as the 7970 cost me $400 and the 7970 GHz was actually beating the 680 in a lot of benchmarks and if not beating, coming damn well close to the same, and for $200 less.. The answer to why I went with the 7970 is obvious.I don't dislike Nvidia one bit, the only thing I dislike about them is their prices. I really like AMD Radeon because they are more economically priced so you can get a huge amount of performance without having to drop $700 on a card.
Anyways, I want to hear what you guys have to say on the argument since most people I'm sure are PC gamers on here!

(Please no fanboy spam. ;) )

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
I just got a laptop today with my first radeon card in it. I've always used nvidia and loved it. It should be interesting to see how this handles.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
Nvidia cause more high tech

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
AMD is cheaper, but nvidia is a bit better.
I also think the drivers for nvidia are better..

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
I also think the drivers for nvidia are better..
Reminds me of what happened around a year ago when nvidia released some broken drivers to fix compability issues on bf3 (think it was the reason), the drivers wracked a lot of peoples hardware :D

Rake

I'm not your friend
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Reminds me of what happened around a year ago when nvidia released some broken drivers to fix compability issues on bf3 (think it was the reason), the drivers wracked a lot of peoples hardware :D
Wasn't the GTX 590 affected by that?

Rake

I'm not your friend
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Could be, don't remember for sure but you're probably right.
Yes it was. I just remembered.

The driver caused the GPU fans to cease thus burning the GPU. ;)

Marcus

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Jan 28, 2013
I prefer NVIDIA, No special reason for it. Just love the graphics cards.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
Ok so I just spent two days trying to get the drivers to install on my laptop for my radeon hd 6770m. Fuck AMD and their shitty drivers, nvidia forever.

TastyHorror

Coder
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Oct 11, 2012
If you have ever played Command and Conquer, you can think of Nvidia as GDI and Radeon as NOD. Tech vs power. Simple.

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
Ok so I just spent two days trying to get the drivers to install on my laptop for my radeon hd 6770m. Fuck AMD and their shitty drivers, nvidia forever.
For laptops you allways have to look on your manufacturer's site not the amd/nvidia site.

squeenie

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Mar 6, 2013
For laptops you allways have to look on your manufacturer's site not the amd/nvidia site.
Yeah I know that's what I was doing. All the instructions they give are just flat out wrong. I did get it working eventually but fuck me it shouldn't be that difficult.

NTvalk

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jul 6, 2013
If you have ever played Command and Conquer, you can think of Nvidia as GDI and Radeon as NOD. Tech vs power. Simple.
I played all red alert games! good times haha

Yeah I know that's what I was doing. All the instructions they give are just flat out wrong. I did get it working eventually but fuck me it shouldn't be that difficult.
True

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.