Solved NotePad reversing window

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

USSS

Mar 16, 2017
Hi,
How could i reverse this window ? after reversing it i will call it in c++ (note i am just learning reversing nothing less nothing more so i wanted to start with something small)
http://i.epvpimg.com/zXlDfab.png
Anyway searching for string didn't help me
i wish if u can tell me the steps to find the window addys

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Think about it logically, what function can we call to create a window?
Try setting breakpoints on imported functions such as CreateDialog or whatever the fuck.

SunBeam

Nobleman
Jun 7, 2018
My suggestions:
  • capture the window with a dedicated image capturing software (e.g.: SnagIt); check its width and height
  • for any other additional measurements, use Fireworks for example (to determine how far the window components are from the side edges, top or bottom)
  • once established, either use C++ or RadASM to create your window with given size and add in the components
That way you won't have to call in Windows APIs to show the default Windows About :D

Teuvin

now I am become Death
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dec 8, 2016
My suggestions:
  • capture the window with a dedicated image capturing software (e.g.: SnagIt); check its width and height
  • for any other additional measurements, use Fireworks for example (to determine how far the window components are from the side edges, top or bottom)
  • once established, either use C++ or RadASM to create your window with given size and add in the components
That way you won't have to call in Windows APIs to show the default Windows About:D
This is a very old thread, he probably already succeeded.

Also your approach is way over the line, he just wants to find the caller to get started on reverse engineering, your approach is almost going the opposite way, where he doesn't have to reverse anything at all.

SunBeam

Nobleman
Jun 7, 2018
It was a mere joke, don't mind it. It wouldn't be over the line if I also posted ASM source-code to what he wants, my way? I read the topic, felt like replying, even though topic's old; nothing to do with post count or any other reasons you might think of.

Teuvin

now I am become Death
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dec 8, 2016
It was a mere joke, don't mind it. It wouldn't be over the line if I also posted ASM source-code to what he wants, my way? I read the topic, felt like replying, even though topic's old; nothing to do with post count or any other reasons you might think of.
Nice joke, but,
000003.jpg

Next time I'll have to give you a warning.
Bringing back old threads is really annoying as we might think it's an actual new thread and it'd end up on the What's New tab.

Reactions: SunBeam
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods