Discuss Let's take it to the next level - For Advanced users

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Loset

Jan 13, 2016
Some of you guys, Which are at very high level are what's making this community tick, All of us beginners ask questions
that only you guys can answer, Without you there would be no real learning, And everything would fall apart.

I am asking you now to consider this.. Are you willing to take it to the next level?
To make live videos / streams showing off what you do best, answering beginners questions taking us higher with you.

A video tutorial is nice, But it's not enough for reverse engineering, In reverse engineering one must develop a certain way of thinking, Have a large set of tools in his control, Those things are not so easy to see in a simple video.

Now I know what some of you say, Reverse Engineering is never a sure thing, you never know if you can reverse something until you have tried, Well first of you can practice before hand, But more importantly in Reverse Engineering it's all about the failures, I mean if I would see someone struggle with some piece of code, And see his different angles to solve it, That could really show in a video one's way of thinking and solving problems, You can't get that in some finished + edited video that just show one way of success.

Plus I know some will get donations while streaming, Cause I know I would donate to see some advanced example of reversing live, Being able to ask my questions and really understand better how things work.

And again, I am not talking about your average Assault Cube reversing but more serious stuff, That has anti cheats, Or some type of protection, encryption, etc.

Lukor

ded
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 13, 2013
Especially if there are anticheat, encryption or protection of some kind the amount of time invested in RE and hacking is increasing dramatically.
Watching this would be a pain. Threre are times where you start your tools of choice, work for 10 minutes and realize that today you won't gain shit.

Calling out for a live stream, working for 4 hours and solving 1 problem on your way is not going to entertain or educate ppl.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Well, personally, i do have a stream.

livecoding.tv/RhythmParadox

I don't stream often because when i stream i feel rushed, when in reality, i work a bit, i goof off a bit, watch videos, netflix, I can't really do that whilst streaming. As well as the fact that yeah, streaming the things that you suggest don't really benefit me, imagine if a game developer or anticheat developer for a game i'm currently hacking stumbled across some of my streams/videos?

Then all my work gets flushed down the drain because they know exactly what i'm doing/going to do.

There's a reason why most streams regarding game hacking are for a certain set of games, CS, TF2, Assault cube, it's tried and true, the anticheat is non existent/useless, but for example, I create Rust hacks, they're pretty witch hunt-y when they want to be, and i'm sure someone would stumble across my stream and send it to an eac developer or something of the sort.

If you make a decent suggestion of a game I don't care about then I may consider it again, but at the moment, my stream is a once every 2 months type of thing, whenever I feel like it

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I like this idea and I don't mean to poo poo on your idea but, I agree with what has already been stated. People often ask me how I reverse engineered a certain function for a hack. The truth is that the sum of all my experience game hacking for 2 years enabled me to reverse engineer it. And it also generally takes me weeks of time and frustration before finding the solution. As the others have said, that doesn't make for a good stream. People are not going to want to watch me stare at 15 functions in IDA for hours on end and then rage quit :p

Also I believe that reverse engineering is something learned by experience. At some point, videos become annoying because the important information can be conveyed in a blog post much faster.

You're already an accomplished reverse engineer given your SendMsg() attack hack you shared. For people like you that have proven their commitment to learning I'm sure everyone would be glad to help with your questions but reverse engineering part of a game requires advanced knowledge that only the person actively working on it would know.

I like this idea and would like to see a list of good reverse engineering streams/videos put together and a place to showcase pre recorded streams. Additionally a way for streamers to advertise upcoming streams using the GH forum and social media would be cool. For instance if someone was gonna be streaming they could post in a special thread, tweet at GH and post on our facebook page. This would get more stream viewers and therefore more incentive for people to stream. Sadly the advanced topic of reverse engineering requires the viewer to have advanced prerequisite knowledge to make the stream worth watching. For most folks it will be way over their head and not worth watching. Therefore the number of viewers will always reflect the number of people that are actually committed to game hacking, and as we know from this forum that number is small. Additionally without the verbal commentary of what you're doing, streaming reverse engineering will just be a video of someone clicking on stuff and scrolling around, and very few people are willing to talk in their videos.

I do plan to do more reverse engineering videos to fill the void you speak of in the future but nothing is currently going according to plan :(

Also we do have a small collection of stuff here: https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?7731-Reverse-Engineering-Videos
and here: https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?8006-IDA-Pro-Link-Collection

Loset

Jan 13, 2016
Well, personally, i do have a stream.

livecoding.tv/RhythmParadox

I don't stream often because when i stream i feel rushed, when in reality, i work a bit, i goof off a bit, watch videos, netflix, I can't really do that whilst streaming. As well as the fact that yeah, streaming the things that you suggest don't really benefit me, imagine if a game developer or anticheat developer for a game i'm currently hacking stumbled across some of my streams/videos?

Then all my work gets flushed down the drain because they know exactly what i'm doing/going to do.
Well about your work going down the drain, I guess you mostly mean Anti-Cheats, Which is understandable
But you can stream stuff after bypassing the anti - cheat, Not showing how you bypassed it, But how you managed to make hacks after that.

The reason I think streams are the best Is because it can shows the process behinds the thoughts of reverse engineering more than a video where everything goes smooth, And the way to the solution is fixed, In real reverse engineering solution to a problem can take hours,

and If people with experience equals to your will also watch your stream they could help you and offer you ideas, And us beginners who are still learning could benefit from all of that together.

It can be a really cool community project if once a month or so most of us will gather beginners and experienced reverse engineerer alike and someone will host a stream and everyone would help out to reach the goal.

The beginners will learn, The experienced will help and might learn a thing or two also, This kind of thing can take the community to a higher level, And create a unique kind of content.

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Well about your work going down the drain, I guess you mostly mean Anti-Cheats, Which is understandable
But you can stream stuff after bypassing the anti - cheat, Not showing how you bypassed it, But how you managed to make hacks after that.

The reason I think streams are the best Is because it can shows the process behinds the thoughts of reverse engineering more than a video where everything goes smooth, And the way to the solution is fixed, In real reverse engineering solution to a problem can take hours,

and If people with experience equals to your will also watch your stream they could help you and offer you ideas, And us beginners who are still learning could benefit from all of that together.

It can be a really cool community project if once a month or so most of us will gather beginners and experienced reverse engineerer alike and someone will host a stream and everyone would help out to reach the goal.

The beginners will learn, The experienced will help and might learn a thing or two also, This kind of thing can take the community to a higher level, And create a unique kind of content.
Well, after an anticheat is bypassed then its the same old song and dance, isnt it? Hundreds of videos and streams of the same process :)

In any case, i do have vods regarding the topic, from csgo to rainbow six:siege beta, there's also the simple fact ( thats been previously mentioned ) that, while you may want to watch a grueling 4 hour livestream where all we manage to do is figure out we're looking in the wrong place, lots of others don't.

If i can quote my stream numbers, my highest number was around 330~ unique viewers ( though probably lower, i believe their viewer count at the time was fairly sketchy to attract investors or the like ), that number has dropped to apparently around ~100 if i'm lucky, 50 seems to be the average, but whilst actually coding the number is more like 3 people that routinely get rotated in and out

Not the funnest of scenarios, the fact of the matter is, this is rather niche, those who can't understand it, will quickly become disoriented and decide to leave, those who can understand it will ask their questions then probably leave, those are are able to do it will browse for a few moments, then leave, maybe a passing quesiton or suggestion here and there

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
damn 100 viewers is still legit! you're famous'!

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods