How long you been coding/hacking?
coding 4 year/hacking 1 year
Coding Language
c++
Hey guys!
I hack old mmorpg with packages.
The packet structure in 99% of cases is as follows:
type 1: 11 11 22 22 22 22 00 00 00 00..
type 2: 11 11 22 22 22 22 33 33 33 33 00 00 00 00..
here: 11 11 - unique package identifier
22 22 22 22 - packet counter
33 33 33 33 - hero id
00 00 00 00 - data

Quite randomly, I found several packages that are not generated in the source code of the game (and therefore cannot be sent by the client), but create some kind of event on the server.
The question arose, are there any methods of probing servers and how can you find more of such vulnerabilities?
I tried one solution: I looped through the ID packets from 00 00 to FF FF with different data, but I got nothing.

Petko123

Biggest paster
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Feb 19, 2018
  1. You could maybe look into movement packets, to see if you could just send server some random position and see if it accepts it to maybe make a teleport hack.
  2. You could try and see if there is any packet that affects your health, maybe health is controlled client-side and f.e. when you use a health potion you send message to the server "Hey I have x health" and make godmode hack.
  3. You could also try inspect looting packets, maybe you can send packet to loot or move and item that's not even on the map and server accepts it, who knows.
  4. Same as number 3. but with gold.
  5. Try to see when you kill a monster is the client sending "I got x experience points" so you can make auto exp hack (I doubt this will work, but who knows :D )
  6. If there is capacity in the game that you can only equip 10 items, try to send packet to equip 11th item and maybe break the game with buffer overflows, same goes for buffer underflow.
  7. Try sending some weird text in local or global chat with weird characters such as " ' // and try to attack that aspect of the game. Same, try to perform buffer overflow on that also.
  8. Try to attack the login protocol to maybe fake something in there, like login to a character that doesn't even exist to possibly break the server.
There's a ton of possible attacks you can do on every action that server handles. Just try to be creative, think what kind of action server has to process and is dealing with and how would you make it so you can attack it. Most important rule here is just trial and error. Have fun with it and experiment.

• Love
Reactions: Rake and Lukor
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods