Solved Is this guy hooking a function to create an explosion?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Thiago

Nobleman
Feb 28, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjWBy-H15_4

MTA:SA has an outdated SDK, the guy from the video told me he uses the original headers from the project, but I didn't get it, how would you call the function without having its address?

So I thought, he's possibly calling the function as Traxin has shown us in his videos.

I tried hooking the OutputChat function in this game (to see if it's possible), and I've just got crashes ...

So I wanted to know, even though it's an online game, is it possible to call the OuputMessage / CreateExplosion methods?

P.S: I succeded on calling the ACPrintF in Assault Cube.

Last edited:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I tried hooking the OutputChat function in this game (to see if it's possible), and I've just got crashes ...
So I wanted to know, even though it's an online game, is it possible to call the OuputMessage / CreateExplosion methods?
P.S: I succeded on calling the ACPrintF in Assault Cube.
You can call any functions that the client is intended to call, like outputmessage will work definitely but idk about CreateExplosion. Traxin made 3 great videos on this topic, I hope you watched them a few times. If the game is crashing then you're just not doing it right, it's complicated and you have to do it perfectly. If you follow Traxin's instructions it will work

Last edited:

Thiago

Nobleman
Feb 28, 2017
The thing is assembly code changes from game to game, I got stuck when reaching the same point in the Assault Cube, when he finds the parameters pattern.

From there I see a lot of references to a dll called " core.dll ", when I look at the source I noticed it uses something like " g_pCore->OutputMessage() ", I'm not sure how to find it in the assembly part, it kinda confuses me, 'cause it's not like looking at the next instruction and analysing the stack, the stack only shows the references to the " core.dll ".

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Thiago Based on what you've said, it doesn't sound like you're ready for this challenge :( If your last post had a question I would try to answer it but idk what you're looking for help with

Thiago

Nobleman
Feb 28, 2017
I just need to see someone taking a game and calling a method that needs to be called as __thiscall, not just a terminal application wich is easy to find functions.

Like FUCKING Traxin did with Assault Cube, that made me understand how the stack works and how to find the mnemonics to find the function/method.

Hope you can understand what's my problem ;)

Last edited:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Like Rakin did with Assault Cube
Rakin = Rake + Traxin ? :lol::lol::lol:

First you pick a function you want to call, then you find the function, then you do exactly what Traxin does in his tutorial. If your game is made with a game engine and uses a virtual machine/byte code interpreter or loads modules dynamically (like quake or unreal engine) then this will be more difficult.

Answer these questions:
What function do you want to call?
What address is this function? Is it dynamic or static address?
What does IDA tell you is the function prototype? (can't trust IDA always, but a good starting point)
What calling convention is it?
What is the return type?

When you have those answered, then just do what Traxin does

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Yea this isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world to do, especially if you're working blind.
If you have some source code you can reference, that might make it a bit easier, otherwise you're looking at quite a bit of trial and error while getting started.

The three videos each have their own distinct purpose.

The first is to give a general introduction and overview to the process.
The second is to demonstrate the process with an easy target, and show how you might find a function you'd like to call.
There are a thousand ways to skin a cat though and obviously my word is not the law.
The third video was just to demonstrate how the process differs when calling member functions, not too much of a difference really since it's just getting a this pointer.

But it's up to you to put all of this information together and continue.
What you seem to need is just getting a bit more comfortable with reverse engineering which was actually not part of the scope of my videos.
I just had to teach some of it to demonstrate what I was doing.

Thiago

Nobleman
Feb 28, 2017
Yes, I was trying to do this sort of thing back in 2016, looking in forums and stuff to find info, I was compiling and getting weird crashes, I didn't know what was going on, so I gave up.

Now with your vids everything seemed to be so clearly in my mind, the thing is, I need to increase my skills at reversing, as you've said, and that is a tough quest as I can see.

Can you list me some site in which you've learnt this stuff about stack/general assembly?

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods