Is python worth learning?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

supercjb1

May 25, 2012
It's pretty much all in the title tbh, I was thinking about taking it up because I've heard that it can be used in lots of places such as in web pages, and it can also be used on desktop applications. In addition to this, I think that looks very simple and it wouldn't take long to become reasonably good with the language.

What are your experiences with python?
Do you think it's a nice language or not?

skridovaste

May 26, 2012
I think it is worth learning.

To answer your questions, I am not very experienced with Python, but I am slowly learning it. And I think it is a nice, easy language to learn, which can be used for a lot of things. Battlefield 2 and Civilization IV use Python. Also, I think Python is Google's prefered language, but I'm not too sure.

S

Sleinzel

I do not wanna say I'm a Python master, but I would recommand to learn an object oriented Language (C#, C++, Java). Then You will get into Python really fast. ;) Also Python is a script language which makes it easy to code something small with it, but you cannot compile it. This means you have to give you're buyers full source code, if you plan to sell something written in Python.

I implemented Python into C# using the Iron Python Interface... Take a look at it. Then you can learn Python and C# at the same time...

skridovaste

May 26, 2012
Wait, did you say learn Python and C# at the same time?! This is exactly what I need! Does Iron Python require any experience in any of the languages?

LilGhost

May 27, 2012
i learned python as my first language (besides batch but i don't really count that) and it's a great language that can be used in many settings.
it's also a great language for learning.

S

Sleinzel

skridovaste said:
Wait, did you say learn Python and C# at the same time?! This is exactly what I need! Does Iron Python require any experience in any of the languages?
There should be some tutorials around, so you don't need that much experience I think. OR take a look @the Python documentation... ;)

Matt

Jun 6, 2012
Python is a great starting language, its quite easy. Try TheNewBoston's youtube tutorials. There is something for Python called Pygame that makes game dev more simpler

Tragic

Nobleman
May 25, 2012
Any language is good because its all coding experience when you learn one language all other languages fall into place and become simpler generally they all share very common similarities such as If statements, loops (for or while loops as an example), variable types, (strings, integers, chars ect.) arrays, functions just to list a few. So any language is good starter or primer language for becoming an experienced coder though i do suggest to start with something OOP (object oriented programming) such as C or C++ or even Java ::).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods