Solved Intro into Hacking Advice

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

sideswiper55

Silenced
Mar 22, 2015
Hi all, i'm looking for advice on certain points in regards to making the right steps towards making my own hacks for games. I've made my own 'tools' and 'hacks' to help in the games i've played for years, but they've been very basic autoit / autohotkey scripts, to simple c# apps. These would mostly just read pixels from the screen and perform actions, like triggerbots etc. More recently i've moved into starting to learn about reading process memory and using information from that to create more sophisticated hacks.

The most advanced thing that i've created from using process memory is an auto smiter for league, as well as a triggerbot for a game that had the crosshair colour stored in memory, turn red fire, simple as. Even these though were very simple and only using one address to then perform logic based upon it's value. The area i want to move into first is creating an ESP hack, as i've never really attempted to read information about a player other than self, which is very easy to find. Looking around, it seems that the commmon pattern for games is to store information about the players in struct's / objects, and that typically the user is the first in a space of memory in which every other player will also exist, and you need to find the offset between the first player and the second to be able to iterate over each player in memory.

Now that i've given some background, context, and where I want to move into, i'm looking for advice on some of the following:

Programming Language
My primary language is C#, it's what i use in work for the most part, and it's what i'm most comfortable with. It seems that a lot of tutorials i look at or released source code is written in C++. Is it worth me biting the bullet and starting on C++, or is there really not that much difference maining C# as my primary language to achieve my goals?

Signature Scanning
Something i've dealt with already is having to refind base addresses + offsets as patches come out, and one solution i tried exploring was signature scanning to find the information i need. I wasn't very successful (almost definitely because i was doing something wrong), and a lot of hacking forums tend to have a thread that usually exposes the latest base addresses and offsets. So i'm wondering if using signature scanning to find these is something that is considered not worthwhile, and it tends to be that you would refind the information you need manually as the time arises from it? Or is it simply something that more advanced coders will incorporate into their hacks whereas those not as knowdlegable would still rely on hardcoded addresses + offsets?

First Game to Hack
Is the first game that i attempt to create an ESP for relevant? I'm in two minds between creating one for a game i'm currently playing a lot of, H1Z1, or a more well established game that i know there will be a lot more knowledge surrounding, e.g. CSGO. I'm of the opinion that the raw data that is needed to create an ESP doesn't really change depending upon the game, so transferring the principles of creating an ESP for one game should transfer over quite easily into the next. The only difficulty will be the finding of that raw information, which is undoubtably going to be my weakest area. The real question here is do i start, what seems to me for an easier game such as CSGO, or the game that will motivate me that little bit more (right now), to see results?

If anyone managed to read all that thank you very much, any and all answers are appreciated.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I would definately work on Assault Cube because we have a lot of documentation and source code available. I can personally help with anything Assault Cube. As for signature scanning, I haven't had a reason to use it yet but it is a fairly simple idea. You are just searching a range of memory for a sequence of bytes that are unique to the code that you are looking for. I personally won't use it until I need to . Welcome to GH.com and good luck!

Guide - START HERE Beginners Guide to Learning Game Hacking

Cheat Engine Tut 1

Cheat Engine Tut 2

How To Hack Any Game 1 Solaire

How to Hack Any Game pt 2 Rake

How to find Entity List Assault Cube

Pointer Scanning Like a Boss

Last edited:

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Hi all, i'm looking for advice on certain points in regards to making the right steps towards making my own hacks for games. I've made my own 'tools' and 'hacks' to help in the games i've played for years, but they've been very basic autoit / autohotkey scripts, to simple c# apps. These would mostly just read pixels from the screen and perform actions, like triggerbots etc. More recently i've moved into starting to learn about reading process memory and using information from that to create more sophisticated hacks.

The most advanced thing that i've created from using process memory is an auto smiter for league, as well as a triggerbot for a game that had the crosshair colour stored in memory, turn red fire, simple as. Even these though were very simple and only using one address to then perform logic based upon it's value. The area i want to move into first is creating an ESP hack, as i've never really attempted to read information about a player other than self, which is very easy to find. Looking around, it seems that the commmon pattern for games is to store information about the players in struct's / objects, and that typically the user is the first in a space of memory in which every other player will also exist, and you need to find the offset between the first player and the second to be able to iterate over each player in memory.

Now that i've given some background, context, and where I want to move into, i'm looking for advice on some of the following:

Programming Language
My primary language is C#, it's what i use in work for the most part, and it's what i'm most comfortable with. It seems that a lot of tutorials i look at or released source code is written in C++. Is it worth me biting the bullet and starting on C++, or is there really not that much difference maining C# as my primary language to achieve my goals?

Signature Scanning
Something i've dealt with already is having to refind base addresses + offsets as patches come out, and one solution i tried exploring was signature scanning to find the information i need. I wasn't very successful (almost definitely because i was doing something wrong), and a lot of hacking forums tend to have a thread that usually exposes the latest base addresses and offsets. So i'm wondering if using signature scanning to find these is something that is considered not worthwhile, and it tends to be that you would refind the information you need manually as the time arises from it? Or is it simply something that more advanced coders will incorporate into their hacks whereas those not as knowdlegable would still rely on hardcoded addresses + offsets?

First Game to Hack
Is the first game that i attempt to create an ESP for relevant? I'm in two minds between creating one for a game i'm currently playing a lot of, H1Z1, or a more well established game that i know there will be a lot more knowledge surrounding, e.g. CSGO. I'm of the opinion that the raw data that is needed to create an ESP doesn't really change depending upon the game, so transferring the principles of creating an ESP for one game should transfer over quite easily into the next. The only difficulty will be the finding of that raw information, which is undoubtably going to be my weakest area. The real question here is do i start, what seems to me for an easier game such as CSGO, or the game that will motivate me that little bit more (right now), to see results?

If anyone managed to read all that thank you very much, any and all answers are appreciated.
Programming Language:
C# is fine, though it's never bad to learn more than one programming language :)

Signature Scanning:
It's still useful for games that update a lot. You can much more quickly grab offsets + addresses after updates with signature scanning (Given that one of the bytes don't change in your pattern :p). For games that update a lot, it's good to use. Otherwise, there's not really a need.

First Game To Hack:
AssaultCube! We have tons upon TONS of information here, so if you ever get stuck the knowledge base here can pretty much getcha back on your feet :). Learn the basics of memory manipulation first (Fleep's How To Hack Any Game C++ Tutorial)

sideswiper55

Silenced
Mar 22, 2015
Thank you both very much for the replies, i'll stick to what I know with C# and try my hand at AssaultCube! It's very nice to see such a welcoming community!

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods