Solved IDA Pro Does not List DX dlls

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

JohnnyWaffles

Jun 15, 2020
How long you been coding/hacking?
Coding for 3 years, Hacking 0
Okay, so I'm trying to get the offset of the Present() function for Crysis 3. To do so; I found this tutorial right here: https://www.unkn0wncheats.me/wiki/IDA_Pro:Reverse_D3D11_Present_function_using_IDA_Pro

The one thing I had to do, that the tutorial did not mention, was to go to debugger options and tick the option for "Suspend on Process Entry Point". Otherwise the debugger closes in a second.

I followed the tutorial, and strangely enough in the Modules Section of IDA Pro, there are no DirectX related dlls listed. I'm specifically looking for dxgi.dll. I should mention that I bought the game on Origin, and when the game is launched via the debugger, it also launches Origin. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I need the offset so I can hook the function. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks for any suggestions.

metrix

0x90
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Oct 11, 2013
Notice, I never reversed that game.

Maybe this game loads the modules at runtime. Consider taking a memory snapshot of the running game.
Reverse from there and i'm pretty sure you will have the dll modules then. ;-)

JohnnyWaffles

Jun 15, 2020
Hey, thanks for the tip! I attached to the process after running the game instead of launching it from IDA. I found the Present() offset.

Reactions: metrix
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods