Solved how to use function VirtualQuery?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat
Status
Not open for further replies.

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
how to use function ,
C++:
HRESULT VirtualQuery (
    [in]  void*    lpAddress,
    [out] void*    lpBuffer,
    [in]  SIZE_T   dwLength,
    [out] SIZE_T*  pResult
);
please give examples.
how does it work?

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
how to use function ,
C++:
HRESULT VirtualQuery (
    [out] void*    lpBuffer,
    [in]  SIZE_T   dwLength,
    [out] SIZE_T*  pResult
);
please give examples.
how does it work?
Google it. And don't always start new threads just because you don't understand 1 single function.

brinkz

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Sep 3, 2012
C++:
DWORD dwAddr = 0x11376077;
MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION mbi;
VirtualQuery( (LPCVOID)(dwAddr), &mbi, sizeof( MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION ) );
printf( "Module Base Address in which Addr is: 0x%X\n", mbi.BaseAddress );
Can be used for sth like that.

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
C++:
DWORD dwAddr = 0x11376077;
MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION mbi;
VirtualQuery( (LPCVOID)(dwAddr), &mbi, sizeof( MEMORY_BASIC_INFORMATION ) );
printf( "Module Base Address in which Addr is: 0x%X\n", mbi.BaseAddress );
Can be used for sth like that.
With this function, you can find the address of the array of bytes? This function is similar to "FindPattern"?

brinkz

Coder
Meme Tier VIP
Sep 3, 2012
Nope not nearly.
Basically with this Function you get the Module Base Address / Module Size / Protection etc for a specified address.

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
how to use function ,
C++:
HRESULT VirtualQuery (
    [out] void*    lpBuffer,
    [in]  SIZE_T   dwLength,
    [out] SIZE_T*  pResult
);
please give examples.
how does it work?
Learn programming... it's like your 5th thread already where you are basically asking about the same thing.

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
Nope not nearly.
Basically with this Function you get the Module Base Address / Module Size / Protection etc for a specified address.
If I need to scan a region of memory from 0x10000 to 0x20000. And find there is an array of bytes "\ x55 \ x22 \ xB0". And the return value in the form of address. Can I use this? If so, how?

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
If I need to scan a region of memory from 0x10000 to 0x20000. And find there is an array of bytes "\ x55 \ x22 \ xB0". And the return value in the form of address. Can I use this? If so, how?
Theres no need for this unless you cant access the pages.

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
Just learn programming then you'll understand FindPattern. Or code your own FindPattern.

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
Theres no need for this unless you cant access the pages.
if i use code:

C++:
DWORD pattern_address = FindPattern (0x10000,0x10000, 
(PBYTE)"\xD9\x44\x24\x18\x8B\xCF\xD9\x5E\x14\xE8\xB5\x1D\xF6\xFF\xD9\x5C","xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
function"FindPattern" search to 0x10000 for 0x20000 and if in this ranges, there are non read\write memory - will be crush! How to use this function(no FindPattern)? I don't understand...

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
if i use code:

C++:
DWORD pattern_address = FindPattern (0x10000,0x10000, 
(PBYTE)"\xD9\x44\x24\x18\x8B\xCF\xD9\x5E\x14\xE8\xB5\x1D\xF6\xFF\xD9\x5C","xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx");
function"FindPattern" search to 0x10000 for 0x20000 and if in this ranges, there are non read\write memory - will be crush! How to use this function(no FindPattern)? I don't understand...

Try it. It explains how to use FindPattern properly. Your first question was about VirtualQuery. Now you ask again about FindPattern. Learn programming. And btw I just entered "FindPattern" in google and this was the second result.
https://www.mpqh.net/forum/207-comb...tutorial-using-findpattern-get-addresses.html

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
Try it. It explains how to use FindPattern properly. Your first question was about VirtualQuery. Now you ask again about FindPattern. Learn programming. And btw I just entered "FindPattern" in google and this was the second result.
https://www.mpqh.net/forum/207-comb...tutorial-using-findpattern-get-addresses.html
I do not teach my son how to do! If you're blind - then read again! I know how it works "FindPattern", I asked about the function of "VirtualQuery". Enough to fill posts and suck up to the moderator. It would be better to help than positions stuffing!

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I do not teach my son how to do! If you're blind - then read again! I know how it works "FindPattern", I asked about the function of "VirtualQuery". Enough to fill posts and suck up to the moderator. It would be better to help than positions stuffing!
If I were you I'd rather shut up and don't be offensive to anybody here because you are going on everyone's nerves. You still don't know how to use it. And btw you asked for FindPattern indirectly, you asked if it would be possible with VirtualQuery to make an AOB scan. And I just googled VirtualQuery. If you'd have done that you'd know that VirtualQuery "Retrieves information about a range of pages in the virtual address space of the calling process.". I don't know how stupid you are to think that it can make an AOB scan. And actually I can't understand your idea because your english is just too bad (sorry.)

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
If I were you I'd rather shut up and don't be offensive to anybody here because you are going on everyone's nerves. You still don't know how to use it. And btw you asked for FindPattern indirectly, you asked if it would be possible with VirtualQuery to make an AOB scan. And I just googled VirtualQuery. If you'd have done that you'd know that VirtualQuery "Retrieves information about a range of pages in the virtual address space of the calling process.". I don't know how stupid you are to think that it can make an AOB scan. And actually I can't understand your idea because your english is just too bad (sorry.)
I'm not offended!

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
I'm not offended!
Oh of course you aren't. That's why you called somebody asshole who tried helping you. But that's not offending, I know

Will you start the next thread about FindPattern tomorrow or even this day?

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
If i scan inside "game module"(static memory) - all work! I found address ! If i scan outside "game module" (dinamic memory) - crash!

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
If i scan inside "game module"(static memory) - all work! I found address ! If i scan outside "game module" (dinamic memory) - crash!
So you still don't know how to use this function. After 5 threads. And btw if it's static memory you don't need to scan it. That's why it's called static..

VDV777

Jr.Coder
Nobleman
Mar 31, 2013
Oh of course you aren't. That's why you called somebody asshole who tried helping you. But that's not offending, I know

Will you start the next thread about FindPattern tomorrow or even this day?
where I wrote that you're an asshole?
above FindPattern???
call???
You personally did not help me nothing! Never! You are bringing something else?

till0sch

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 14, 2012
where I wrote that you're an asshole?
above FindPattern???
call???
You personally did not help me nothing! Never! You are bringing something else?
I didn't say that you called ME asshole. But somebody else.

"above FindPattern??? call??" IS THAT ENGLISH ? ...

Yes I don't bring you anything. That's actually my intention because you have to learn programming first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods