Solved How to hack x64 games?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

arlight1

Sep 25, 2015
Hello all!

I'm back with another question!
I've been slowly but surely progressing through the posted tutorials. I'm onto the tut about using OllyDBG to find game related functions, that Fleep posted a while back.

Problem is, OllyDBG does not show the game I want to hack in the list of attachable processes. I presume because it is a 64-bit game. Any recommendations on what I can do at this point? It really hinders certain game hacks that require debugging.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

arlight1

Sep 25, 2015
What is the learning curve like on this application?
Would it be easy enough for a beginner to follow along some of Fleep's tutorials that require debugging in place of Olly?

Also, it appears to only have a free version of 5.0. Anything beyond that isn't freeware it seems. Which is unfortunate.

IDA Professional Licenses start at 1129 USD / 1019 EUR.
Just a bit out of my budget.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Obsta

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 27, 2014
What is the learning curve like on this application?
Would it be easy enough for a beginner to follow along some of Fleep's tutorials that require debugging in place of Olly?

Also, it appears to only have a free version of 5.0. Anything beyond that isn't freeware it seems. Which is unfortunate.

Just a bit out of my budget.

Thanks again.

We're not allowed to discuss wares here for obvious reasons, but yo, ho, ho matey. If you... get where i'm sailing with this.
Kill me.

arlight1

Sep 25, 2015
We're not allowed to discuss wares here for obvious reasons, but yo, ho, ho matey. If you... get where i'm sailing with this.
Kill me.
Heh. :p I gotcha.
Well I purchased IDA Pro 6.6, so we'll see how well it work with 64-bit games/processes.

Thanks for the help!

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Heh. :p I gotcha.
Well I purchased IDA Pro 6.6, so we'll see how well it work with 64-bit games/processes.

Thanks for the help!
For me personally the learning curve was kinda tough, but just mess around with it a bit and definitely look up the hotkeys. Also use IDA along side Olly and Cheat Engine. Sometimes you won't need all of IDA's power, so olly will do just fine.

arlight1

Sep 25, 2015
Sorry to bring this thread back but I was wondering if there are any tutorials out there on how to use IDA with game hacking. I'm more than willing to learn, but am just struggling on finding a good learning source on it.
Thanks

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Sorry to bring this thread back but I was wondering if there are any tutorials out there on how to use IDA with game hacking. I'm more than willing to learn, but am just struggling on finding a good learning source on it.
Thanks
There are tutorials out there on using IDA for specific topics in game hacking, but afaik you won't find a beginning to end tutorial on it. You will find tutorials on the basics of IDA, though, and that should be enough to get you started with it.

arlight1

Sep 25, 2015
There are tutorials out there on using IDA for specific topics in game hacking, but afaik you won't find a beginning to end tutorial on it. You will find tutorials on the basics of IDA, though, and that should be enough to get you started with it.
Did some research on it. Turns out IDA is pretty similar to Olly in the sense of what you do with it. Not sure about the features it provides that Olly, or even x64 has though, other than being able to open a 64bit memory dump.
Why should one create a dump via x64 and open it in IDA Pro, when it's possible to attach directly with x64??

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Did some research on it. Turns out IDA is pretty similar to Olly in the sense of what you do with it. Not sure about the features it provides that Olly, or even x64 has though, other than being able to open a 64bit memory dump.
Why should one create a dump via x64 and open it in IDA Pro, when it's possible to attach directly with x64??
If you have the full version of ida with the decompiler, you can decompile the functions into readable source C code.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods