Tutorial How to Find view Matrix Counter Strike Source setang

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Originally posted by Niiiw, wanted to make a thread out of this for everyone searching for it

For those who struggle follow these steps (I promise you will find the viewMatrix very easily)

Open CheatEngine, and attach to "hl2.exe" process.

Select "Float" and "Unknown initial value" and do the first scan

Now open console and as OfficialHydrux mentionned, we have to set our view angles.

To do this, paste this in your console : sv_cheats 1 (this will enable cheat mode in the game)

Now, still in the console, type : Setang 89 49 0 (<--we set the angles manually, you will see that the player will move)

Now go back in CheatEngine and make sure your settings are like mine :

Make sure you put 0.75 and press Next scan !

(I passed from 75.000.000 values to 33.000 after this ^^)

Now go back in counter strike and in the console type: Setang 0 5 0

Go back in cheat engine, and make sure you select "Rounded (extrem)"

and Press Next Scan

Now you will have not alot of adresses.. :) I have 38 left

Let's try this one more time... Go back to CSS, in console : Setang 89 49 0

Go back in cheat engine : put 0.75 and Next scan

Gp back in CSS : Setang 0 5 0

Go back in Cheat Engine : put 0.08 and Next Scan

Okay so now we have 33 addresses. In counter strike source, you have alot of static adresses (green ones)
you can be 99,99% sure that the viewMatrix is in the green adresses that are left.

So select all the black ones and right click & "Remove"

So now I have 15 green addrresses left (they are pointers :))

What's left to do?

Test each one of them one by one until you find the good one.

15 is not alot and is very fast to test.

I followed Fleep's ESP tutorial.

And So to test them, you select all of them and press the red arrow so that they go at the bottom:

Now we have to check each adress. The viewMatrix is stored in engine.dll module.
So double-click on each adress one-by-one and look if it starts with "engine.dll"+xxxx

IF YES, leave it
IF NO, delete it

For example :

this we leave:

this or this we delete

No we have very small amount of addresses left, this is good :)

Personnaly, I had 8 left after all this.

Nearly finished. So now we test them !

Take each address one by one, double-click and copy whats after "engine.dll"+xxx

And past them in your code & run your ESP hack to see if it's the good one.

When you will have the right address, the ESP will work great ! ;)

PS: If you are not sure about your antiFlicker address, comment theses lines before testing:

Reactions: XdarionX and jok3

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
how i try address after i get it?
You should have some code already set up for drawing, iterating through entities and a WorldToScreen function.
You'd supply the pointer to the view matrix to the W2S function and just try to draw on entities.
If it's not drawing on the entity correctly, then you either have the wrong view matrix, or your W2S function is wrong.

This tutorial is just for finding the matrix, not about implementing the rest of the ESP. We have other tutorials that cover this.

Reactions: Rake

kevin5881413

Jul 13, 2015
Is this still working ??

I use
Setang 89 49 0// scan 0.75

Setang 0 5 0 // scan 0.08
not work,but
I use
Setang 89 49 0// scan 0.566

Setang 0 5 0 // scan 0.0653
can work.
1.png

C L A S S I C
2.png

tvojama

uz42&4fd
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Apr 1, 2015
When our angles are 89 49 0 why do we search for 0.75, and why do we search for 0.08 when they are 0 5 0?

Reactions: obdr

我が名は六六

Sep 24, 2018
thanks for your tutorial !!!!!! i have found Matrix in other game with your method. it is so good,but i dont know why.

When our angles are 89 49 0 why do we search for 0.75, and why do we search for 0.08 when they are 0 5 0?

Reactions: obdr

SuperNewbie

Dank Tier Donator
May 5, 2020
I mean it's been two years so I suppose it's fair to ask again; where does the .75 value come from? Is it some kind of trig/matrix calculation?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I mean it's been two years so I suppose it's fair to ask again; where does the .75 value come from? Is it some kind of trig/matrix calculation?
I once spent an hour trying to figure this out but failed. Don't waste your time unless you wanna lose your mind like I did

Lukor

ded
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Dec 13, 2013
It's just a specific angle at which your viewmatrix has a specific value. Nothing more, nothing less.

SuperNewbie

Dank Tier Donator
May 5, 2020
Does that mean that the setang method was made in hindsight? (i.e. they found the viewmatrix using more traditional methods, found the values, and then arbitrarily used setang to find a value for people to more easily find?)

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Does that mean that the setang method was made in hindsight? (i.e. they found the viewmatrix using more traditional methods, found the values, and then arbitrarily used setang to find a value for people to more easily find?)
yes, the person didn't use a secret formula, they just used what they saw in CE while looking at the matrix address. I spent hours trying to figure it out, waste of time don't do it

SuperNewbie

Dank Tier Donator
May 5, 2020
Apparently it's some kind of trigonometry calculation; 'm1se' responded to my question on UC.

1595371315655.png

(it's in degrees)

Still have no idea how that relates to the view matrix but I'm not going to bother until I need to

Last edited:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods League of Legends Accounts