Video Tutorial How to Find CSGO NetVar Offsets Hacking Tutorial Ida Pro

• CSGO recently moved logic from 'client_panorama.dll' to 'client.dll', you must update all code that uses 'client_panorama.dll' and replace it with 'client.dll' or the code will not work.
Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Really not much to talk about here, finding netvar offsets is in CSGO is easy. Same idea in CSS also.

The Start Here Guide: Guide - START HERE Beginners Guide to Learning Game Hacking

The Previous Trainer tutorial: Video Tutorial - How to Hack Any Game Tutorial C++ External Trainer "Part 2"

Beginner Guide to Hacking CSGO: Guide - How to Get Started with CS:GO Hacking

AntiCheat
CS:GO is protected by Valve AntiCheat aka VAC and Overwatch
Overwatch takes recordings of suspicious players. These recordings are peer reviewed by Investigators. The recording get submitted automatically based on suspicious behavior or as a result of being reported.
VAC mainly uses signature based detection to detect public hacks.
Tutorial - How To Bypass VAC Valve Anti Cheat Info

Insecure Mode
The first thing you must do when creating hacks is to set the game in insecure mode. This is done by adding the "-insecure" command line option to your desktop shortcut. Once this is done you can develop your hack or use Cheat Engine on the game without worrying about being banned. In insecure mode you cannot join secure servers.

Offsets
The game engine itself doesn't change often enough where entire hacks need to be re-written. Often times just updating addresses and offsets will make a hack work again after patching.
It is highly recommended that you learn how to find offsets, addresses & pointers manually. But most people who hack CS:GO just use an offset dumper. Here is a popular one:
frk1/hazedumper

Most tutorials teach you how to find offsets using netvar/cvar strings like m_iHealth, this is for source engine games only and you will need to learn to find addresses and offsets manually for other games. Finding them manually takes longer but gives you good experience.

Try this video too

Attachments

Last edited:

__peacekeeper

Silenced
Mar 25, 2019
Hey, I've been trying to follow this tutorial, and I notice that the offsets I get are relative to server.dll. I read elsewhere on the forum that server.dll offset is not ideal. How do I setup CSGO so as to be able to find offsets that are not server.dll?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
@__peacekeeper This tutorial shows you a Source engine specific method of getting offsets, it does not work for all cvars/netvars but it is the most common method you see in tutorials.

Yes, using server.dll addresses will only work in the local game, not online, because you're acting as the server in bot matches.

In general, Finding offets = reverse engineering with cheat engine. Yes there are specific source engine methods too if you're internal you can just call a function with the cvar name and get the address/offset but idk anything about that really.

Here is a good tutorial that you will find helpful: CSGO How to find m_bDormant offset Tutorial - Guided Hacking

If you're new to game hacking, we have hours and hours of reverse engineering tutorials including tons of "finding offsets" content:
https://guidedhacking.com/starthere

SuperNewbie

Dank Tier Donator
May 5, 2020
How did you know, as you claimed around 1:28, that:

(timestamped video)

"we know that in CS:GO, that the player object pointer is just a pointer to the player object and you just want to offset into that object[sic], so its just a one level offset"

Which made no sense to me. Did you mean offset into the health? Even then, what you said is a little confusing. Was it previous knowledge or did something else give away that conclusion?

Sorry for all the questions that I've been asking. I appreciate it.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
How did you know, as you claimed around 1:28, that:

(timestamped video)

"we know that in CS:GO, that the player object pointer is just a pointer to the player object and you just want to offset into that object[sic], so its just a one level offset"

Which made no sense to me. Did you mean offset into the health? Even then, what you said is a little confusing. Was it previous knowledge or did something else give away that conclusion?

Sorry for all the questions that I've been asking. I appreciate it.
Go get your brain tested for retardation

• Haha
Reactions: obdr

SuperNewbie

Dank Tier Donator
May 5, 2020
Sorry, I thought a little more about what you said and I think I got it; it's like in AssaultCube where the offset to the Entity Base Address is 0x10F4F4, and from there it's one offset off to health.

I think I was just stuck thinking about the health offset.

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Kekz

Kekz

Maybe Pasting
Dank Tier Donator
Nobleman
Jan 10, 2020
Sorry, I thought a little more about what you said and I think I got it; it's like in AssaultCube where the offset to the Entity Base Address is 0x10F4F4, and from there it's one offset off to health.

I think I was just stuck thinking about the health offset.

Thanks a lot!
With one level offset he means that you only have to go one step from the ModuleBaseAddress to the player object, since this is not always the case it's worth mentioning.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
@SuperNewbie if you continue the CSGO tutorials you will learn it all

it wasn't covered in this tutorial because the focus of this tutorial was finding offsets via strings in IDA, in contrast to our usual tutorials that teach how to find pointers in Cheat Engine

SPQR

Apr 6, 2020
When following the tutorial, finding the offset manually using IDA worked for my health address, but not for my shotsfired address.

I ended up finding the offset by searching for updated CS GO offsets. The offset I found in IDA was 0xA380, while the actual offset for shotsfired was 0xA390.

Just wondering, do you know why IDA would give an incorrect value here? I arrived at the exact same spot you did in your video, yet IDA reported the wrong offset.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
When following the tutorial, finding the offset manually using IDA worked for my health address, but not for my shotsfired address.

I ended up finding the offset by searching for updated CS GO offsets. The offset I found in IDA was 0xA380, while the actual offset for shotsfired was 0xA390.

Just wondering, do you know why IDA would give an incorrect value here? I arrived at the exact same spot you did in your video, yet IDA reported the wrong offset.
#1 Always make sure the game is 100% up to date before doing any reversing/hacking
#2 Don't use old Ida databases, if the game updates delete your old one and start a fresh one

0xA390
1597019337095.png

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods League of Legends Accounts