Tutorial How to edit Variables in OllyDBG Tutorial

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Retsoen

Feb 3, 2015
Good day everyone.

This is my first tutorial on this Forums so I decided to start it with easy stuff :)

In this tutorial, I will be covering how to edit a Value of a Variable which is in this case a String.

----------Tutorial----------
Open up OllyDbg and attach it to a process, In my case, I will be attaching it to a simple D3D Test Environment program.
Now, Go to your choosed module, search for All Referenced Text Strings, Locate your String you want to edit.
After opening the String, right click the "PUSH" command which should have a comment "ASCII <Your string>" on it.
After right clicking it, Choose "Follow in dump" and "Immediate Constant". Now, look in your Dump viewer below your Module viewer.
Now, You should see your string on the first line, Mine will be "D3D9 test environment" as shown in the image:
Pic1.jpg
Highlight the String and press CTRL+E or right click it and select "Edit".
Now you can edit the string but remember to keep the size the same!
After editing it, save it and go back in your program, remember to Un-pause the process in OllyDbg if you haven't already.

Your String should be changed now as mine did:
Pic2.jpg

If you want to save your modified Variable, Go back to Olly and press Right click on the Dump viewer and choose "Copy to executable file"(Remember to have your modified variable highlighted) and then a new window pops up, Right click it and choose "Save file".

There it is! Have a good day everyone.

Void*

Sep 4, 2016
Can you upload(send me) the test environment plzzz?I can't find that one anywhere.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods