Anticheat
N/A
How long you been coding/hacking?
5 years
Coding Language
C++
What you need
Visual Studio Community Latest Version, Cheat Engine
If I had a penny for everytime a thread could be solved by clicking "Debug" I would have at least 5 pennies :trollface:

I'm not the best coder so I spend alot of time in the debugger, but this is a necessary skill for all coders.
This tutorial is very basic but has some tips and tricks that you may not be aware of.

Before you post, always debug!

If you're using C# then you can use Marshal.GetLastWin32Error instead of GetLastError()

Also please read the @timb3r article on debugging, documentation and disassembly
Tutorial - How to debug effectively

Last edited:

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Ignore me. This comment didnt exist.

Instead: COOL VID M8.

metrix

0x90
Meme Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Trump Tier Donator
Oct 11, 2013
Debugging the internal? Ever tried it and didn't know you need to inject it yourself.
Cool vid dude!

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Found another sick debugging tip better than putting GetLastError() in the Watch Window.

Put "err,hr" and it will give you the text string associated with that error code

Reactions: Zanzo420

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
how can i run my hack after its finished coding and run the hack for game ?
Bro WTF does this post have to do with this thread? You know how to code hacks but don't know how to run them? What kind of hack is it, internal DLL or external EXE?

• Haha
Reactions: Lars
Apr 23, 2018
please tell me which visual studio you are using to hack games please reply my hero!!!! which visual studio for hacking u using.

Icew0lf

Software Ninjaneer
Dank Tier VIP
Fleep Tier Donator
Aug 20, 2013
you could add that in TOOLS->OPTIONS->DEBUGGING->GENERAL u can enable the debugging on address level/disassembly. then after you hit a Breakpoint you can access the current line via DEBUGGING->WINDOW->DISASSEMBLY or simply CTRL+ALT+D and you see the current line in assembly where the breakpoint triggered.
if you look at the disassembly you'll be able to see how many dereferences a pointer does for example.

You mentioned "step out of" in the video but i think this would be a helpful addition if you want to see a specific location.

Thx for the video, helped me a lot today.

Best regards,
Ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zanzo420 and Rake
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods