Off Topic How to best release my application

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Arush

Vehicular modifications ahead
Trump Tier Donator
May 21, 2018
I have a program that I have been working on for some time now, and it's getting near the end of development and ready for release. :smile:

I want to know how best to do this. I know I will make a release thread here, but I'm wondering the best way how. Like what should be on my thread, design, and how should it be presented as a whole.

I looked at some other release threads, but I can't come up with a good idea myself.

Any ideas will be really helpful to me!

Thanks! :D

Teuvin

now I am become Death
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dec 8, 2016
Make a nice description
If you are going to release the source I would make a git repo for it, looks nicer than just posting here or attaching it.
Screenshots because everybody loves em

Thats basically it, you don't need more than that

tigertank

Jun 28, 2018
I agree with Teuvin, a good description is super important. Otherwise people will see it, dont understand it and leave it, what would be a shame.
I also agree with the rest but i would expand it.

If you have a logo/icon id post it on top, if you dont have one also fine. But additionally id post a really describing screenshot below, so (if this is possible) people get a feeling what they are dealign with as the first impression. Afterwards id post the Description.
For example if you create a picture converter, you could make a screenshot with the programms gui and the result or so.
I bet many people read threads only if their name sounds interesting and after that they checkout the screenshots. And then they read the descirption.
If you lose them at any point its over, which is why a good structured thread is also important overall.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Anatomy of a release:
  • short description
  • screenshot
  • feature list
  • hack attached in a zip
  • virus scan
  • any special instructions
Optional: youtube video and source code

Arush

Vehicular modifications ahead
Trump Tier Donator
May 21, 2018
Alright thanks everyone for the comments. I will keep those in mind when the time comes.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.