How do people read the memory of Online-only games undetected?

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Kalist

Jul 5, 2015
I was just wondering how people open up Cheat Engine or Ollydbg for example to achieve memory addresses while remaining undetected in multiplayer only games. Or they don't? They simply sacrifice their game key to create a hack and then purchase a new unbanned version afterwards? Or is Cheat Engine and Ollydbg only detectable if you change values with it? Will refraining from changing values and only literally reading and noting (this means you can't confirm by changing the value ofc) prevent a ban, or are you at risk as soon as you attach the process to Cheat Engine or a debugger?

Lolita1

Jun 8, 2015
I was just wondering how people open up Cheat Engine or Ollydbg for example to achieve memory addresses while remaining undetected in multiplayer only games. Or they don't? They simply sacrifice their game key to create a hack and then purchase a new unbanned version afterwards? Or is Cheat Engine and Ollydbg only detectable if you change values with it? Will refraining from changing values and only literally reading and noting (this means you can't confirm by changing the value ofc) prevent a ban, or are you at risk as soon as you attach the process to Cheat Engine or a debugger?
If you are talking about steam multiplayer games so far i can tell you i have been using cheat engine and ollydbg for Dota 2 (only for reading memory) like half of year and never got banned. Also tryied edit bytes in client.dll to bypass something and its's been 2/3 months and still without ban. Yes if you change values with it you will probably get banned. But if you want to know i have new account separated from my main account, because you never know.

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
It pretty much comes down to packet sniffing and editing, however most big online games (MMO's) look for this and ban if detected. Most times now for online hacks the people will have the bare minimum in there hack and when the hack itself is active it'll stream the hack options to the client like wallhacks, wireframe ect. but these aren't really mmo's. I've seen this method for CoD.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
I was just wondering how people open up Cheat Engine or Ollydbg for example to achieve memory addresses while remaining undetected in multiplayer only games.
Not all games have anti-cheat features.

They simply sacrifice their game key to create a hack and then purchase a new unbanned version afterwards?
Sometimes yes.

are you at risk as soon as you attach the process to Cheat Engine or a debugger?
Depends on the techniques that the anti-cheat code uses. Yes or no depending on implementation.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods