Software engineer
Dank Tier Donator
Sep 15, 2020
Game Name
Among Us
Anticheat
N/A
Tutorial Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaFlh2pIKAg&ab_channel=GuidedHacking https://guidedhacking.com/threads/cheat-engine-how-to-pointer-scan-with-pointermaps.9739/
How long you been coding/hacking?
5 Years Coding (24 y/o)
Coding Language
Python
So I'm making a complete management system for Among Us, where you can set the settings, see who wins, etc...
I coded a python program that reads values from memory addresses which works nicely, the problem is that I am having trouble finding the static address to go off of

I did manage find the class entity with all the game settings for example, but no static addresses.
I'm relatively new to memory and addresses tho I've been coding for years.

Any help will be appreciated

justmeben

Software engineer
Dank Tier Donator
Sep 15, 2020
Okay so I managed to find the base static address

I made a pointer map, restarted game, made another pointer map
then did a pointer scan based of those 2 maps, and "must end with offset" based on offset i found with "find out who accesses this address"

then i already got 400 results only, i reset game, did another scan for value, did that 5 times untill i had 3 values, and found the correct one manually.

ty for help @Rake

p.s.
the first pointer scan took 25 minutes on a fast computer... fck unity

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
How to find offsets / addresses:
Guide - GHB0 - Game Hacking Bible Introduction

If pointer scanner isn't performed 1000% perfectly, it will not work, when you get enough experience with it you will no longer have those sorts of issues.

Sometimes you can't find a static address (or more likely, it's too difficult) and that's why people use pattern scanning to find instructions which access the variable. If the address is in a register, you hook it and pull out the register value. If it's a hard coded address or offset in an instruction argument, you can read it.

read this thread regarding that: Question - Internal Pattern Scan Returning wrong address

Last edited:
Reactions: justmeben

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
not really much to help with here

what did you try
what does the asm say
where does the asm go
have you walked the callstack of whatevers being accessed

justmeben

Software engineer
Dank Tier Donator
Sep 15, 2020
So this is where I'm at:

I can easily find the values I want either by the classic search for value -> change it -> search for changed value
or using mono dissect which lets me find the parent address for the game settings
from there I know all the offsets to the values I need.

I've also been able to find the values using CheatTheGame's tutorials finding the class instances
And I've read all through the bible and tutorials I could find on the forum regarding unity games.

What I am unable to do is find the static address (and offsets from it) into the game settings address that I have (which changes everytime game restarts)

Im following the other among us thread and bible, and am trying to do pointer scans, the problem is after generating a map, the pointer scan just goes on and on and on (I'm assuming because of unity)

Any help will be appreciated

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Def move forward with pattern scanning soon, as soon as the game updates your pointer is gonna be invalid and you'll have to repeat the process :(

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods