Solved Having trouble finding the Player Object. (linux)

• CSGO recently moved logic from 'client_panorama.dll' to 'client.dll', you must update all code that uses 'client_panorama.dll' and replace it with 'client.dll' or the code will not work.
Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

NineBall

Jul 2, 2020
Tutorial Link
N/A
How long you been coding/hacking?
2y/New
Coding Language
N/A
So let me preface this by saying im new to this, and have watched the tutorials up to and including the NetVar tutorial. My issue is that I cant find the "Player Object", my understanding is that "[client_client.so + offsetX] == player object" and "[[client_client.so + offsetX] + 0x0f0] == Health". I can narrow down my results when searching for health to around 22 but none of them have the right offset "0x0F0" which according to IDA should be correct. What am I doing wrong here/How do you guys go about manually finding the player object?

When I learn some more I really gotta make a hazedumper config for linux....

Some Images in case im just doing something stupid.

My CheatEngine table with the description being the offsets from the "Find out whats accessing this address"
CheatEngine.png
This is the IDA disassembaly of client_client.so.
IDA.png
Thanks for reading this and sorry for the beginner question, I still have a lot to learn....

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
trial and error, sadly not everything is as simple as we want it to be

• Sad
Reactions: Kekz

manpower

They call me the noob coder 😎
Dank Tier Donator
Jun 9, 2019
what i do is just right click on the address and then "pointer scan for this address". you will get many of something like this "client.dll" + localplayer + 0xf0. in cheat engine. but take the maximum offset to like one or two since im pretty sure thats all you need

and then that means that if you find 0f0 thing in the pointerscan list then you just have to look at what the stuff before it says. forexample client.dll + randomoffset is then your player object. im asuming you are going after localplayer.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Take your health address, subtract the health offset. This is the dynamic address of your player object.

Search for this address with cheat engine as HEX, all the results are pointers to the player object. One should be static, offset from client module

This is taught in our tutorials at least a dozen times

The Game Hacking Bible - Learn How to Hack Games

NineBall

Jul 2, 2020
Take your health address, subtract the health offset. This is the dynamic address of your player object.

Search for this address with cheat engine as HEX, all the results are pointers to the player object. One should be static, offset from client module

This is taught in our tutorials at least a dozen times

The Game Hacking Bible - Learn How to Hack Games
Yes im quite aware of this, you could also just pointerscan.
My issue is before that step, I have 21 variables and I cant figure out which is the right one to proceed with.

Here is a video that might explain what I mean better (I just woke up so my typing and such is a little slow....)

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods