Solved Hacking Health Bars

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

ultimate

Aug 4, 2014
OH yeah! this is something you guys do everyday .. i'm new to this and i only make small things for personal use .. whatever!
My quest is to hack a health bar. i actually have many games with health bars .. cool huh?
well, the game used for practice is (Max Payne 1) .. you already know Max ...
here is what i did ...
i used Cheat engine, searched for "Unknown initial value" ( i was going to search for value 100 but HELL NO!) for all data types .. took a while then i got millions of addresses!
i went back to game to lose some of my health and searched for decreased value .. that off course didn't narrow the addresses list as i expected so i kept losing health and search for more decreased values. failed many times actually and i had to repeat ..
on some stage i used Painkillers to increase health and searched for increased value .. but i couldn't get any satisfying results. ( so i had to suspect all addresses and change all values and get my game crashed :trollface: .. very smart!)

i opened Max payne again in developer mode and used the command 'gethealth' it called an in-game function 'a_addhealth (1000)' ... so clearly the health value is now 1000! i tried searching for 1000 and then decreased values in all data types but nothing :rolleyes:!

is there is any simpler way to hack health bars? or a way to improve the shit i've been doing? .. pls hlp!

Last edited:

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
You must scan for unknown initial value and also ALL data types, it may not be an integer for example

ultimate

Aug 4, 2014
thanks for replying DOC! but this is what i have been doing exactly! the procedure is not working .. or maybe i'm doing it wrong ..
hey, is it right to search for a decreased value then increase health and search next for increased value? cus i actually did that hoping to minimize the addresses list x'D !

c5

Kim Kong Trasher
Dank Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Jul 19, 2012
You answered your own question: Reverse the 'gethealth' and/or 'a_addhealth' function

ultimate

Aug 4, 2014
You answered your own question: Reverse the 'gethealth' and/or 'a_addhealth' function
I don't know much about reverse engineering .. thought i'd never need to learn it to do basic things!
if there's a tutorial on the forum for this .. post the link for me

ultimate

Aug 4, 2014
It should
/10char
Well it didn't ... i can't see anything about RE on the forum .. tell me exactly what should i search for and i'll do the rest
how should i start? ... i know programming (in C++) / pointers are my friends .. so skip the programming part and tell me about the next step

Syperus

RTFM
Meme Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Oct 29, 2012
Well it didn't ... i can't see anything about RE on the forum .. tell me exactly what should i search for and i'll do the rest
how should i start? ... i know programming (in C++) / pointers are my friends .. so skip the programming part and tell me about the next step
You can start by getting your head out of your ass. If you don't know how to search for reverse engineering tuts how do you expect to learn game hacking? You're going to run into a lot of problems that you'll need to search for the answer. If then you still can't figure it out that's what the game hacking community is for. The community is also for teaching others how to do things or giving ideas on what to do. NOT TO SPOON FEED. Start here. I'm not trying to blast on you, but com'on if you're not going to try for yourself you'll get nowhere.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods