Solved Hack to reduce graphics load on game (directx)

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
Hello,

I'd like a graphics hack, which can reduce textures, or perhaps illiminate them... also shader hacks might be nice to prevent normals from crashing the game if normal texture screwed up.

Basically any kind of directx9,10,11 hack to reduce cpu/gpu usage.

Idea is to run multiple game clients for farming.

Bye,
Skybuck.

rN'

Jr.Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Jan 19, 2014
lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelele its game specific to do daattt ma nibba

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
Wireframe, points, empty shaders, something basic.

If you wanna try it out... give Star Trek Online a try ;)

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
Where are you going with this?
Goal is to try and run multiple instances of this game.

Goal is to reduce GPU graphics first and see if that helps.

Goal is also to reduce texture loads/memory so it might even run an older systems, this might require different kinds of hacks.

It could also be for fun to look at points or wires.

It could also be used for other tricks, aimbotting etc.

I have tried some Open Source DirectX proxies, but most of them seem to fail, directx9 has been updated along the way... 2010 or so seems latest microsoft directx sdk.

Perhaps some tweaks here and there might help.

It would also be great if mouse and keyboard could be controlled in such a way that the user can continue using the system, while a bot runs in the background.

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
Here is a guide on tweaking the game
https://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=73564

Start with reducing resolution. Try using your Video Card software to reduce quality.

Here are console commands that can reduce quality:
https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_console_commands#Graphics_settings
Ofcourse I already tried settings like these, and the game has minimal settings.

Graphics settings are probably already lowest for my humble GT 520 graphics card :)

I do appreciate your attempt to help me.

But further advanced hacks will be necessary to reduce load on the system.

You do raise an interesting question.

Is Star Trek Online bottlenecked by the CPU or GPU... Maybe with tools from nvidia this might be investigated further. One has to start somewhere though, and a gpu/memory/bandwidth/processing bottleneck is a good guess.

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
Goal is to try and run multiple instances of this game.

Goal is to reduce GPU graphics first and see if that helps.

Goal is also to reduce texture loads/memory so it might even run an older systems, this might require different kinds of hacks.

It could also be for fun to look at points or wires.

It could also be used for other tricks, aimbotting etc.

I have tried some Open Source DirectX proxies, but most of them seem to fail, directx9 has been updated along the way... 2010 or so seems latest microsoft directx sdk.

Perhaps some tweaks here and there might help.

It would also be great if mouse and keyboard could be controlled in such a way that the user can continue using the system, while a bot runs in the background.
I have no experience in D3D stuff, so I can't help you there. As for the botting, figure out what packets send what keys/actions, then go from there. Write the bot so it sends the packets you need sent at certain times so that it runs without you needing use of the keyboard. (This is called packet editing if you don't know, and there are NUMEROUS tutorials across the internet to get you started)

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
I have no experience in D3D stuff, so I can't help you there. As for the botting, figure out what packets send what keys/actions, then go from there. Write the bot so it sends the packets you need sent at certain times so that it runs without you needing use of the keyboard. (This is called packet editing if you don't know, and there are NUMEROUS tutorials across the internet to get you started)
I have thought about that possibility and that would indeed be a wet dream. However Star Trek Online communication is encrypted. So this would require reverse engineering their encryption technique. Perhaps it's not encrypted, but just compressed. Still this would require their compression and decompression algorithm.

I think I noticed already a long time ago when I used wireshark to sniff their traffic. However I did give your suggestion a try, especially since I deinstalled winpcap drivers.

I came across this little packet editor which can intercept winsock receives/sends which is very nice (no drivers needed, C# code available too I think). (I also tried another app but it crashed and had issues, packeteditstudio.).

https://www.packeteditor.com/

I am surprised this little app didn't crash with all the weird symbols which resulted from the compression/encryption.

I did see something in the packets called CrypticCompress1 or so... or crc1... see for yourself if you have STO installed :)

So for now perhaps this is too complex... I am not much of a executable hacker... I do know about ida pro and such... but it's hellish slow and I can't really make that much sense of it... I takes forever/updating disassembly even on my app smaller app..

If somebody wants to try and extract their compression/decompression algorithm be my guest ! ;)

I use Sikuli to write bots for this game, it's based on visuals and at least gives visual feedback as to what the bot is doing... I am not sure how good the idea is to try a protocol based bot... the game itself is pretty buggy... has all kinds of timing issues, perhaps a protocol based bot would work better or perhaps not... me wonders..

dmo

Coder
Nobleman
Nov 8, 2014
With packets you don't even need to look to the game to play, start-minimize-run the bot. xD

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
With packets you don't even need to look to the game to play, start-minimize-run the bot. xD
Isn't there a way to just hook onto the IP of the server and send packets without the game even open?

Solaire

Respected Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
Dec 15, 2013
If you emulate everything is possible i think.
I've seen website bots that send everything through HTML commands, but that's a website bot, and not a game one... :p

@OP, learn how to do that and you don't have to worry about the game even running!(Maybe)

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Sending packets is not enough.

A bot needs to be able to tell what currently is happening on screen. Needs to be able to do pathfinding, find the closest enemy to player, farming materials without user input and a whole lot more. You could send packets for other things though. :)

dmo

Coder
Nobleman
Nov 8, 2014
Sending packets is not enough.

A bot needs to be able to tell what currently is happening on screen. Needs to be able to do pathfinding, find the closest enemy to player, farming materials without user input and a whole lot more. You could send packets for other things though. :)
If you can send, you can recv, so you interprete it and you know where enemy is. In league of legends, packets have all this information per example.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
If you can send, you can recv, so you interprete it and you know where enemy is. In league of legends, packets have all this information per example.
Yes, true.

However, I would still prefer reversing the binary myself and get the information I need that way. But that's just me. :)

Skybuck

Jan 4, 2015
I'm sure you can modify the files through OllyDbg and try to disable some textures. I have done this accidently many times. :p
Star Trek Online probably detects modifications of it's executable and re-downloads/re-places any modified executable or dll. So that probably won't work.

Furthermore the textures are not stored as individual files, but compressed/grouped/stacked/added together in big bin files.

I have already tried replacing textures with smaller textures by swapping the large with the small. Also textures are also protected with checksums, that s why a swap will work.

However the game is then in danger of crashing. For example normal maps I suppose, would crash certain shaders and such.

Perhaps if most/all shaders are disabled, then textures can safely be set to something small.

I think I also tried replacing shaders, but it's not as easy. Perhaps the nudemod maker could make something that works, problem is getting in touch with em.

Anyway these all require big solutions, big time investments cause of decompress and recompress.

Though dll injection is probably a faster solution.

However perhaps ollydbg may give some insights, or perhaps not.

For disabling the loading, perhaps a global api hook could be tried.

Though the chance is high Star Trek Online will notice the missing texture and crash/report an error.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods