Solved Hack Term definitions

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

spacemansusan

Jul 17, 2014
Okay so I'm really interested in modifying cs:go such as esps, triggerbots, etc. As i progress through either c# or c++ I'm going to start but first I have some questions and these will be noobish questions so please do not flame.

- What are offsets?
- How do you find offsets? Easiest way prefered
- I hear that math is used a lot in making cheats how are they used?
- Is memory editting a secure way to make a cheat to not be detected by valve?
- What should I be looking for to learn how to edit memory?

~I have watched Fleep's video on making an ESP for CSS in the second video he opens cheat engine and tells you to move around/move the mouse around and look for changed/unchanged values what exactly is it called that we were looking for? And how could I proceed to doing this on CS:go I tried repeating what he did exactly but could only get to 1100 results and he was able to make it down to 400 results and I didn't even find the same thing he did so I gave up after retrying a couple of times.

~I am mainly just looking for help as I'm only interested in learning this part of a language

I understand people might recommend that i actually learn an entire language first but from my experience with python that is not actually needed as I didn't even use half of some of the things I learned which caused me to waste a lot of time. I think through learning this part of which ever language I will pick up on the syntax and everything else needed to complete this.

Liduen

Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
May 19, 2013
- What are offsets?
An offset is a value which you add to a pointer or address to get another address. Most of the time it goes like this:
You have a base address which stores a pointer. The pointer changes everytime you start the game so you note down the base address and read it's value.
After reading the value of this base address you add the offset to the value (to the pointer) and you get your new address. (e.g. your health address or something)

- How do you find offsets? Easiest way prefered
You do a scan on an address to find out what other addresses are accessing/writing it. CheatEngine then displays the offset which was used to access this address. (Pls correct me if I'm wrong.)
You can also use OllyDbg or even IDA (never used it myself) to get these offsets. But it's harder and still not very clear to me how you can find offsets by just looking at assembler code.

- I hear that math is used a lot in making cheats how are they used?
When calculating aimbot angles you need a bit of mathematical understanding on how to use trigonometry. You also use math when calculating world to screen coordinates for esp positions. I think there is no other way to do this.

- Is memory editting a secure way to make a cheat to not be detected by valve?
Valve doesn''t detect anything ;) VAC and SMAC etc. does. I think it all matters on how you do it. I didn't write an undetected hack myself yet.

- What should I be looking for to learn how to edit memory?
I don't really understand the question. :)
There are only a few ways to write to memory. There are differences on internal and external though.

I have watched Fleep's video on making an ESP for CSS in the second video he opens cheat engine and tells you to move around/move the mouse around and look for changed/unchanged values what exactly is it called that we were looking for?
If he's changing the view angles in game and searches for changed value he's most likely searching the player view matrix.
If you did exactly the same as he did you just have to move on and try harder.

do the guide
https://guidedhacking.com/threads/start-here-beginners-guide-to-learning-game-hacking.5911/

Last edited by a moderator:
Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods