- Jan 21, 2014
Want to learn game hacking? Great, you're in the right place. GH is the absolute best place to learn game hacking. We have more resources, that are better organized and cater especially to beginners. We go in depth and explain every piece of the game hacking puzzle. 7 years of work have gone into providing you the absolute best learning experience.
Our huge game hacking course, named the Game Hacking Bible has 4 books:
- Guide - GHB1 - Start Here Beginner Guide to Game Hacking
- Guide - GHB2 - Beginners Guide To Reverse Engineering
- Guide - GHB3 - Intermediate Guide to Game Hacking
- Guide - GHB4 - Anti-Debug, AntiCheat & Kernel Mode
Game hacking is not for lazy, stupid or immature people.
Everything you need to get started is right here!
But please do not be naive and think you can hack games in a few hours or download a source code and be hacking a game a few hours later. Please read this guide and trust me, I have 7 years experience running this forum and helping thousands of people. If you're not committed to learning, you will fail. Do not waste your time, or ours.
If you are not interesting in spending days/weeks coding, reverse engineering and debugging then game hacking is not for you.
The biggest problem we see is people focusing on the result (the hack) and not the journey (learning). It's a good life lesson in general, if you focus on the journey the result will come, and often times the reward is less sweet without the pain and suffering of the journey
LEARN HOW TO HACK FIRST, HACK ANY GAME YOU WANT LATER
Do not try to learn to hack on a complicated game, use something easy such as Assault Cube, CSGO or COD4. If you do a complicated game you won't learn or accomplish anything. Once you learn how to hack, you can hack any game you want with extreme ease. But if you attempt to learn how to hack on a game you want to hack on, you will fail. 99% of users fail because they do not take this advice. Hacking new games is 100x harder than hacking simple old games like Assault Cube. Trying to hack a new game with less than 6 months experience is really stupid and a complete waste of time.
Game Hacking Requirements:
- Hard Work & Determination
- Learning by yourself
- Lots of time & lots of reading
Still think you have what it takes? Then please keep reading. The above requirements + this forum are all you need.
- Learn Cheat Engine
- Learn C++ or C#
- Watch GH Youtube videos
Learning Game Hacking is extremely time consuming, you must practice and get experience using each skill for weeks/months at a time.
Learn the absolute basics of using Cheat Engine
2 – 3 weeks
Learn enough CE to use all it’s features, how to find pointers etc…
Learn C++/C# well enough to make a hello world and know the absolute basics of coding
3 – 6 months
Experienced enough to make very basic trainers in C++/C# based on stuff you find in Cheat Engine
6 – 12 months
Experienced enough to make hacks without pasting, basic aimbot & ESP
1 - 1.5 Years
Intermediate coding/reversing skills to hack any game you want without anticheat
1.5 - 2 Years
Start reversing anticheat
If you do not follow these steps you will be missing the necessary knowledge and experience to advance to the next level. I am trying to help you, but if you refuse to listen you will be banned.
This forum is a resource for people who are serious about game hacking, if you're not serious we do not want you here. We are not a normal forum, GH is not a toilet for you to shit in.
Before you start:
Guide - How to Solve Problems & Achieve Goals
Guide - Stop Pasting - Focus on the Basics
Legit Step by Step Guide for Beginners:
If you skip any of these tutorials you will be banned. We are not babysitters.
- Video Tutorial - Squally CS420 Game Hacking Course
- Guide - Game Hacking FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Video Tutorial - Cheat Engine Tutorial Video Guide
- Video Tutorial - How To Hack Any Game - Cheat Engine
- Tutorial - How to Find Position Coordinates with Cheat Engine
- Tutorial - How to Find View Angles with Cheat Engine
- Video Tutorial - Cheat Engine How to Pointer Scan with Pointermaps
- Video Tutorial - Game Hacking with Reclass Tutorial Video 1
- Learn C++ with Step by Step Guide
- Tutorial - Understanding Strings Unicode, TCHAR, MBCS
- Tutorial - Get Module Base Address Tutorial dwGetModuleBaseAddress
- Source Code - FindDMAAddy - C++ Multilevel Pointer Function
- Video Tutorial - How to Hack Any Game Tutorial C++ Trainer #1 - External
- Video Tutorial - How to Hack Any Game Tutorial C++ Trainer #2 - External v2
- Video Tutorial - How to Hack Any Game Tutorial C++ Trainer #3 - First Internal
- Video Tutorial - Simple DLL Injector Source Code
- Video Tutorial - How to Debug Your Hack or Aimbot with Visual Studio
- Video Tutorial - Game Hacking with Reclass Tutorial Video 2
- Video Tutorial - C++ External Detour / Hooking Function Tutorial
- WTF are Multi Level Pointers Tutorial - Guided Hacking
- Video Tutorial - How to find Entity List Pointer in AC!
Now you have all the skills to make simple trainers. Before you proceed, did you really do every video? Or did you just skim over it? If you aren't actually DOING the tutorials, you're not learning anything. You need to actually do the things in the videos, multiple times and gain experience.
Is there something you don't 100% understand? Go back and figure it out. Don't skip ahead until you're ready. Practice what you learn, add a few features to the trainer, go read through a few tutorials from our list if you get bored: MUST DO GH Tutorials!.
Here's an example of something I made at this stage in my training:
Might not look like much, but I learned a lot. Challenge yourself to use the skills you have already learned to make something new. But don't try to hack some crazy new game, you're not ready for that. After brushing up on your skills and getting some practice it's time to move on to:
GHB2: Beginner's Guide to Reverse Engineering
Guide - GHB2 - Beginners Guide To Reverse Engineering
Our Most Important Video
Our most important video from this guide is this one, it answers 99% of questions that are asked:
Can't find what you need?
@iPower made this great guide to our best content: MUST DO GH Tutorials!
Still need help?
Did you do the entire guide? If you still need help, post a thread but please do not shitpost.
Misc / Resources:
Each game hacking topic has it's own section: Cheat Engine, Aimbot, ESP etc...
Each section of this forum has sticky threads and guides, READ THEM!
Community - Rules of the Forum
Community - Consider donating!
Community - Community FAQ
Two Other "Start Here" guides come after this post:
Solaire's Start Here Thread
Crazywink's Start Here Thread