Solved Getting the static memory address for ammo (CS 1.6) by cheatengine

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

Xatenev

Oct 9, 2016
Hello people,

im pretty new to the application development stuff, and im wondering how to find the static memory address for a value in a game. (Using CheatEngine)

Ive been following these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N44nk9URoG8&list=PLF7E7487FE8AEA4D2&index=3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CJdV1Vfvv0&list=PLF7E7487FE8AEA4D2&index=4

and I do exactly the same as described in the video but it doesn't really work for me. I wrote down exactly what I am doing, maybe somebody can tell me what is going wrong here:

1. Find Value
2. Find out what access this address
3. Write down offset + Address
4. Search for Address (Hex)
5. Add Pointer with Address found and old Offset
6. Find out what accesses this pointer
7. Write down offset + Address
8. Scan for the address (if not found go back and search other address) (ignore numbers changing)
9. Change pointer with adress found and new offset

HINT: Green Numbers are most likely static

I find correct addresses until 8. and 9. In the video he finds ONE green address then - I find multiple black addresses. When I change the pointer towards the new addresses and new offsets, I find wrong values or they are wrong on game restart.

Every help is appreciated :/ - dont really know where Im going wrong here.

Thanks
Xatenev

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Greetings Xatenev! Here I will help you

im wondering how to find the static memory address for a value in a game
Let me stop you right there, finding a static memory address of a variable is easy you just search for the it and when you find it, boom you're done. What you are referring to is finding a static pointer to a variable that is dynamically located in memory. So now you know the proper wording :)

1. Find Value
2. Find out what access this address
3. Write down offset + Address
4. Search for Address (Hex)
5. Add Pointer with Address found and old Offset
Stop right there! Check if the address is green/static. If it is, then it's a 1 level pointer with 1 offset. You only need to continue 6-9 if it's not static, aka it's a multilevel pointer. And the variable you're searching for in this tutorial is not multilevel.

I find wrong values or they are wrong on game restart
Alas if the pointer points to the wrong value on game restart, it is not a good pointer and you need to start over.

Do this updated tutorial on finding pointers:
https://youtu.be/YaFlh2pIKAg

Hope that helps, keep at it my friend

Xatenev

Oct 9, 2016
Hi Rake,

thanks for the advices :) - I find 4 addresses and none of them is green so I guess its a multilevel pointer that I am searching for in Counter Strike 1.6. I will watch the updated tutorial for pointers. Maybe that brings me further.

Thank you

Xatenev

Oct 9, 2016
Hi Rake,

it works now! - I restarted the game and the address still shows the correct value and I can change it correctly! :)

But the address i've set my pointer on isn't showing green inside my Cheat Engine. Is that common that Cheat Engine doesn't correctly identify them?

Thanks for the help!

Xatenev

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Hi Rake,

it works now! - I restarted the game and the address still shows the correct value and I can change it correctly! :)

But the address i've set my pointer on isn't showing green inside my Cheat Engine. Is that common that Cheat Engine doesn't correctly identify them?

Thanks for the help!

Xatenev
If you're following a tutorial you should use the game used in the tutorial or at least explain what you're doing in your post. You linked an assault cube tutorial but were actually doing CS1.6

There is much for you to learn, CE isn't always perfect

Learn important stuff here:
https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?5781-Get-Module-Base-Address-Tutorial-(Spoonfed)

JewsusChrist

Feb 14, 2016
Hi Rake,

Thanks for the help!

Xatenev
It's not rather cheat engine does not correctly identify them or not in your specific case, it's just the cheat table, everything is defaulted to be black unless you color them a certain color.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
It's not rather cheat engine does not correctly identify them or not in your specific case, it's just the cheat table, everything is defaulted to be black unless you color them a certain color.
I believe he's talking about the color of the addresses in either the memory viewer or the "found addresses window"

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods