Solved Getting Game Models

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

gatero

Jul 10, 2014
Well im trying to make chams (i think it is called) in a 2D game and when i try to get the models as numvertices, etc with D3D9_Model_Logger.dll, after i inject it nothing appears.
I read that some games doesnt have models and i have to get a string logger, which i found a lot of source codes but i could complied them.
Can someone help me?
This is the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAYSuM1mQ_A

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Ok I downloaded this game to try to give you some tips but I think you will need some decent reversing skills to figure this out. The game is written in VB6. It doesn't use any directx or opengl libraries. I don't know jack shit about VB6 but I know there is a file named graphics.aio in the game folder, this is a proprietary file format created for this game. Therefore you won't be parsing this file time without good reversing skills. I loaded the game with ProcMem and watched the filesystem, the game/loader simply loads graphics.aio into memory.

Found some stuff with a text search:

I particularly was interested in this area:

There is armas.ind, escudos.ind which mean weapons/armor. "Error finding graphics index" ding ding thank you strings. I would reverse a player object structure, figure out what variable corresponds to a graphic and go from there. You know during character creation you can select the players head graphic? Well I would start with the regular head, search for unknown initial value, and then click the right arrow to display the next head, scan for increased value. If i developed the game I would display all the heads starting at Head[0] and increase the index by 1 each time you click right. So this could give you the head graphics indexes. That's a start. Not gonna hack the game for you, just wanted to push you in the right direction.

Maybe I have to hack one of these style games next, it looks fun

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
How would chams in a 2d game work? There are no walls for people to be behind

GAFO666

Hacker
Meme Tier VIP
Aug 19, 2012
Actually im no trolling. I want to make a color triggerbot with chams, as you can see in the game, this could give me a huge advantage over other players.
i actualy never worked on games which are so old and might dont have models in the common way-
and for a triggerbot you just need to know if your mouse is over an enemy and then simulate a key press

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
Try looking at all the files in the game directory, they are probably stored as pictures or similar files. find the type of textures/sprites being used. Locate the player models, change their colors. I don't think you need to do this via memory

PwndDepot

I has a status
Dank Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Dank Tier Donator
Nov 5, 2014
Rake;40294 said:
Try looking at all the files in the game directory, they are probably stored as pictures or similar files. find the type of textures/sprites being used. Locate the player models, change their colors. I don't think you need to do this via memory
Basically this, most games will compress their textures, you can usually get a general idea of how by looking through the files and at the file extensions in the game directory. Then all you need to do is find a program to decompress/view all the textures. I used to do this with world of warcraft for some modelviewer or something a while back :)

gatero

Jul 10, 2014
Rake;40303 said:
Ok I downloaded this game to try to give you some tips but I think you will need some decent reversing skills to figure this out. The game is written in VB6. It doesn't use any directx or opengl libraries. I don't know jack shit about VB6 but I know there is a file named graphics.aio in the game folder, this is a proprietary file format created for this game. Therefore you won't be parsing this file time without good reversing skills. I loaded the game with ProcMem and watched the filesystem, the game/loader simply loads graphics.aio into memory.

There is armas.ind, escudos.ind which mean weapons/armor. "Error finding graphics index" ding ding thank you strings. I would reverse a player object structure, figure out what variable corresponds to a graphic and go from there. You know during character creation you can select the players head graphic? Well I would start with the regular head, search for unknown initial value, and then click the right arrow to display the next head, scan for increased value. If i developed the game I would display all the heads starting at Head[0] and increase the index by 1 each time you click right. So this could give you the head graphics indexes. That's a start. Not gonna hack the game for you, just wanted to push you in the right direction.

wow this will help me a lot. Its really fun, maybe if you see the texture size and graphics it seems to be a bit basic but the gameplay is really fun.

Khonnor

Mar 7, 2014
Rake;40303 said:

This is pretty awesome.

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods