Solved Get signiture instead of multilevel pointer

Hexui Undetected CSGO Cheats Sinkicheat PUBG Cheat

niceone

Mar 26, 2016
Hallo,

at this time a have a couple of multilevel pointers to values like the FOV or gameversion etc. - every time a update of the game comes, the pointers are gone. So i want to get the values by signatures. How can i do that?

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014

To find a sig for a variable, you generally make a sig for a instruction that acts on that variable, then pull the address of the variable from the register using inline ASM, that's the way I've done it anyway

Last edited:

mambda

headass
Escobar Tier VIP
Trump Tier Donator
Jun 25, 2014
Find a unique sequence of bytes that are always at a fixed distance from whatever youre trying to get

use a sig scan function that you either wrote or found on the internet ( loads )

dereference as necessary

P.S: Rake has a vid on sig scanning

niceone

Mar 26, 2016
Okay, so i thought this method would only work on functions - but it also works on variables?

niceone

Mar 26, 2016
Nice, thank you! I watched the tutorial, but its all about functions - how can i get a signiture from a cheatengine address (for the value in it)?

Liduen

Hacker
Dank Tier VIP
May 19, 2013
Nice, thank you! I watched the tutorial, but its all about functions - how can i get a signiture from a cheatengine address (for the value in it)?
Variables get addressed over offsets which you can find as plain text in the code section.
See what accesses the variable and trace back the code until you find the offset being pushed onto the stack, or moved into a register.

When you found (one of) the code region(s), make a signature out of it, but be careful not to include any relative or absolute addresses in it.

Traxin

Escobar Tier VIP
Dank Tier Donator
Aug 3, 2015
Rake;45666 said:
https://guidedhacking.com/showthread.php?8255-C-External-Signature-Scanning

To find a sig for a variable, you generally make a sig for a instruction that acts on that variable, then pull the address of the variable from the register using inline ASM, that's the way I've done it anyway
Oh yea... I had to do this for Gunz2 cause I could not for the life of me find a pointer to the player object. I placed a hook at the one of the move instructions modifying the coords, pull the object base from a register using inline asm, and then separated the player from the npc's. Although I didn't make a signature for Gunz2... either way :smile:

This is probably a better, and sexier for sure, way to go niceone.

niceone

Mar 26, 2016
Yes, i see that this is would sometimes be a better way, but what if i have a value which is only set at the game start, like the version? For that i have to use the other way - or i'm wrong?

niceone

Mar 26, 2016
In your tutorial you used the health value which is changing when you get hit by someone, but i have also some values like the gameversion which are only set when the game starts an then stay static. So i cant find a function that writes to the address.

Rake

Cesspool Admin
Administrator
Jan 21, 2014
i have also some values like the gameversion which are only set when the game starts an then stay static.
Can you find this value inside the binary on disk? Like static analyze it or search for it in a hex editor? If so, it is mapped into memory using the relocation table and can offset to it at runtime. If it's just in the .exe it's probably always the same offset from the base address of the module in memory

Attention! Before you post:

Read the How to Ask Questions Guide
99% of questions are answered in the Beginner's Guide, do it before asking a question.

No Hack Requests. Post in the correct section.  Search the forum first. Read the rules.

How to make a good post:

• Fill out the form correctly
  • Tell us the game name & coding language
  • Post everything we need to know to help you
  • Ask specific questions, be descriptive
  • Post errors, line numbers & screenshots
  • Post code snippets using code tags
  • If it's a large project, zip it up and attach it

If you do not comply, your post may be deleted.  We want to help, please make a good post and we will do our best to help you.

Community Mods